Chapter 23

A year passed in a blur, but I had acquired many memories with my friends and my love, Vihaan. We even had a small party with our friends to celebrate our first anniversary.

One day, after class, I found Vihaan sitting alone under the tree and studying. I looked at him as the sun shone on his handsome face, making me fall for him more. He looked at me and called me over. I approached him and sat next to him, and asked him, "What are was doing?"

"I'm waiting for you here as my class finished early today."

He looked bothered, so I asked him, "Is there something you want to discuss?"

"Nothing," he asked me, "want to go out?" I nodded excitedly. He smiled and packed his things quickly.

While walking towards the entrance, I stopped, seeing Sanjay alone, holding a paper in his hand. He looked confused and worried. I asked Vihaan to wait and approached Sanjay, "What are you doing alone?"

I grabbed the paper from his hand and read it. It was a pamphlet about a cooking competition. I asked him, "Are you interested in participating in this competition?"

Sanjay widened his eyes and asked me about my opinion, "Do you think I can do it?"

"Of course. You can," I said honestly. He smiled as I continued, "What's there to worry about? just go for it."

He frowned, "My parents won't allow me."

"Sometimes you need to take risks to follow your dreams. If you need more confidence, take time to inform them about it. But I suggest that you go for it. Don't lose this opportunity."

He thought for a few minutes and then thanked me with a smile. He looked hopefully at me as he asked me, "You'll support me, right?"

"Of course. I do." I handed him the pamphlet and gave my best wishes to him. He thanked me again and left to apply for it.

Vihaan and I left the college. We were walking on the footpath, and I was lost when he asked me, "Are you still thinking about Sanjay?"

"Hmm. I wish his parents support him. He is talented. With his parent's support, he can do better and achieve his dream of becoming a chef and opening a restaurant. I hope they understand his passion for cooking and support him."

"I hope so." He said with a smile on his face that cheered me up. After seeing his beautiful smile, I put all my worries aside and focused on enjoying the rest of the day with him.

I was lost in talking with him that I didn't ask him about our destination. We stopped in front of a clothing store, and I looked around. "Did you bring me here for shopping?" I asked, looking at him.

He shook his head as he spoke, "No. To meet my mom."

I was shocked. I shook my head and took a few steps back, "Not today." I wasn't ready to meet his mother. I came empty-handed and unprepared.

He held my shoulders to stop me from walking back. "Don't worry. I'm with you. She's going to love you, just like I do." He said, pulling me with him to the store.

He introduced me to his mom as I stood before her nervously. She looks beautiful with short hair and attractive eyes, dressed in a white top and black trousers. We shook hands, and she still held my hand as she said, "You look beautiful."

I gave her a small smile trying to calm my nervousness. She asked me to be comfortable around her and took me to show her store and designs. I liked her a lot. I never expected her to be calm and friendly with me. We had a little chat, and I think she liked me too. She gifted me a lovely white dress with lace and silver embroidery, which was beautiful. We were ready to leave, and she asked me to visit her frequently. I nodded with a bright smile, and we went.

As soon as we were out of her sight, I slapped Vihaan's arm, "Don't ever pull this kind of stunt. Meeting your mom was big for me, and you just pulled me with you unprepared."

"You didn't have to worry about that. She would've liked you anyway." He said, rubbing his arm.

"You never said that your mom was cool. I like her." I said, grinning. He patted my head, smiling at me.

I pushed his hand away, "Don't mess my hair," I said, adjusting my hair. Vihaan helped me as he gently brushed the hair away from my face.

We were walking home when I asked him, "When did you tell your mom about us?"

"She noticed me for a while and asked me if there was someone I liked or was dating. I told her about us." He paused as he stopped me and stood in front of me.

He held my head as he spoke, "After hearing, she wanted to meet you. You would've refused if I asked you to meet her, so I brought you without informing you." He stroked my cheek affectionately as he looked at me intensely.

"So, you became smart being with me," I said, holding his hand on my cheek.

"Indeed." He brushed his nose against mine. "I love you." He said, kissing my forehead.

"I love you." I hugged him tightly. Later, we continued to walk along, holding hands. He left after dropping me off at my home.

When I got to my room, I excitedly opened the packet Vihaan's mother had gifted me and put on the dress. I looked in the mirror, and I liked it more on me. I decided to wear it on special occasions and kept it safely in the wardrobe.

The next day, when I reached college, Sanjay approached me and informed me, "I had applied for the competition and was shortlisted."

I congratulated him, "Congrats! When is it about to start?"

He told me, "Saturday."

"Just focus and don't bother about the classes since I will share my notes with you."

He smiled and thanked me, "Thanks. I also need your help."

"What can I do for you?"

"I want you to come home to taste my food and give honest feedback."

I took a minute to think, and since there was no harm in helping him, "I agree."

I asked him, "when you're preparing for the first round?"

"Tomorrow," he said and looked at me hopefully.

"Can I get other friends with me?"

He smiled brightly and nodded, "Of course, It will be more helpful for me."

"Fine. We will meet tomorrow. Text your address."

He texted his address and excused himself, saying, "I need to buy ingredients for tomorrow." We bade goodbyes, and he left.

I informed others about theplan for tomorrow, and they instantly agreed to help Sanjay.