Chapter 33

Friday evening, on my way back home after finishing my work at the office, a car stopped near me, down the car glass, and stared at me. It was Sherilyn who asked me, "Get in."

"I can manage," I replied politely.

She keeps on insisting, "I'll drop you. Get in." I agreed and got into the car. While driving, she asked me, "Can I ask you something?"

"Sure. What is it about?" I asked her in a friendly manner.

She started by hesitating, "It's about my brother. You're a friend of his. I think you know about this."

She continued, "Can you tell me about the girl my bro loves? I heard she is one from his college. Have you known anything about her?"

She wondered why she was curious to know about me. I enquired her, "Why do you suddenly concerned about her? I know that she hurts your bro by breaking up with him."

She exclaimed, "What? Did they break? Bro said nothing about it. He still loves her and convinced my father to cancel his engagement. How can she do it to him? I am disappointed with her."

I was shocked that he canceled his engagement with her for me, "Is he?" "When?" asked her curiously to know more in detail.

She explained, " It was the sudden decision of our parents. He got engaged for not to embarrass my father in front of guests. He confessed that he had someone else whom he loved the most. My father asked him to convince Mira first to end the engagement if she would be okay. Importantly, her father was a friend of my father, and he doesn't want their friendship to get affected because of bro."

"Bro tried his best to convince her, but she refused to break the engagement because she likes him and asked him to give her a chance. Bro told her he would prefer to be her friend forever and not to expect any more from him. Mira waited for him for two years so that he might change his feelings. However, she gave up on him by breaking her engagement after knowing she would never have a chance to get a place in his heart. He is finally free from his engagement."

I have no words to express my happiness after hearing Sherilyn's words. He still wants me back in his life. I hardly controlled my emotions and thought to reach him, eager to tell him I wished him back in my life.

"Will you tell me where your bro is now?" I asked her excitedly.

She replied, "He might be busy in his office. He recently started his work in Mumbai, focused on his business."

I enquired her about the address of his office. When she gave me the information, I asked her to drop me off. She stopped the car, and I got off and said, "See you tomorrow for dinner." She nodded with a smile.

Later, I took a cab to his office, reached his office building, and saw him walking out with some clients. He saw me while he was busy sending off his client. Then, he came to me and asked, "Why are you here?" he was a bit harsh when he spoke to me, but I ignored it.

"I want to talk to you."

He beckoned me to follow him to his cabin and asked as we reached, "What's about?"

I was about to speak, and he started, "Didn't you get your boyfriend with you?"

"What?" I was confused, then realized that he misunderstood Rohit and me.

I wanted to clear all misunderstandings, get back to us, and be happy with him like in old times, "You think wrong." I was about to tell him that everything he thought of us was invalid. I was still in love with him, and I am not let anyone replace him in my heart.

He continued, "I never thought you could get someone this soon; move on in your life." He held my arms tightly, "Do you even know how I felt when you asked for a breakup? I hoped you would wait for me, but you moved on easily like I didn't matter to you."

Seeing me hurt, he relieved his hands on me, "I'm upset with you, Siya. Perhaps, you liked him when I wasn't here. Did you plan everything before? Break my heart and move on with him. A sly woman like you, who never considered my feelings, broke my heart for no reason. You never loved me truly from your heart; you just played with me."

His words struck me as if a sharp thing struck my heart deeply. My eyes got wet as he questioned my loyalty toward him. I raged at him forming my hand into a fist to punch his face for hurting me with his rude behavior. Then I closed my eyes to control myself by taking a deep breath for a minute.

Open my eyes after relaxing and said to him, "How rude? I came to you to clear up the misunderstandings we have. I realize that you don't need an explanation as you questioned my love for you. Do you think I cheated on you and broke with you?" continued, "Think as you wish." I stomped out of his cabin with anger.

Sherilyn came across me by calling me, "Siya, you left the phone in the car." I didn't stop and left, ignoring her. I reached home, tried to calm myself, and vent my stress on the punching bag in the corner of my room. However, after an hour, my anger levels were not reducing. I never expected Vihaan hurt me again. I took my bag and left home.

I reached the beach and tried to relax my mind by enjoying the air breeze, sounds of waves, and noises around. I looked around and found a couple sitting, leaning on each other, holding hands, and talking affectionately.

It reminded me of when we sat in the college under the tree. I focused on drawing a random picture of the beach with the crowd, and he asked me, looking at it, "Do you like beaches?"

"I do, and I would like to go with you, enjoy spending time with you, lie on your shoulder, and play with you in the water."

"Sure. Let's go to the beach this vacation." As he left me after his mother died, he never fulfilled his promise.

Whenever I was at the beach, I missed him beside me and those days when we had many moments together.