Chapter 29

I realized the days without him around were so long. I had to wait for weekends to talk and gaze at him on video calls. However, I hold back my anxiousness to meet him, give him a tight hug, and tell him how much I missed him, and making myself satisfied to see him once a week is not enough for me.

Three years passed. I completed my graduation, gave a campus interview, waiting for the selection list. In the meantime, I enrolled in the art competition and sent my portfolio to them. I plan to attend this competition to meet Vihaan, which will be in London.

One day in college, Aarav, Annie, and I sat in the garden and talked about our future. Aarav says he will work hard to make money for his mom and provide a comfortable life.

Annie plans to marry Joseph and settle down with him the following year. She asked me about my plans, "What about you? Have you decided on any plans for you and Vihaan?" I blushed about recalling those moments when I dreamed of getting married to Vihaan in my dream world.

For instance, I realized. I didn't even get to talk to him about our plans. He planned to have a Master's degree and help his father with his business affairs. I must wait a little longer.

I replied to Annie, "I am confident. I get a job in the campus selection." Annie just nodded, getting a hint that I was avoiding the topic of Vihaan and me. We called it a day.

As soon as I got home, I checked my mailbox on my personal computer to see if there were any updates about the contest. I received a mail in my inbox with the alternate name, Suzy, and found a confirmation mail to participate in the painting competition scheduled in London next week. It's on the same day as Vihaan's birthday.

I was thrilled to know I got to visit Vihaan on his birthday and surprise him after finishing my competition. I informed my parents about it, and they permitted me to participate in the contest and asked me to take Aarav with me as they were hesitant to send me far alone.

I smiled at the thought of seeing Vihaan, eager to give him a tight hug I had been missing for these years. I called Aarav to inform him about it and asked him to keep it secret from Vihaan and not let him know about our surprise visit on his birthday.

"Absolutely." He assured me he handles other facilities like booking tickets and accommodation.

When Vihaan called me after a few days, I greeted him in advance, said nothing about my arrival, and lied that I'll be busy the day as I had to leave for an interview. He wished me good luck with my interview.

During the journey, I was thinking about the competition and excited to meet him after a long wait, about what to say to him and how he could receive me and introduce me to his parents. Whereas I remember I met his father once. He seemed to be like a strict father. Does he remember me?

After a long journey, we arrived at our destination, reached the hotel, got into our rooms, freshened up, and relaxed before the competition. I went to the venue with Aarav, and the contest started after a few minutes.

I drew the painting of the spring blossoms and the couple walking together by holding hands, expressing feelings of love, and it took me more than two hours to finish. It was beautifully done and had a smile on my face reminding the moment with Vihaan held hands discretely and strolled into the college yard.

When the competition finished, they announced the results. I got third place, which was not bad for me. I thought about rushing towards the hotel to change my dress and leave for Vihaan's house.

A soft voice of a lady approached me from behind, "Miss. Suzy." I turned to her, and she reached and spoke to me, "Hi, I'm Sherilyn. I like your painting. Can I buy it?" I was amazed as it was the first sale of my painting.

Aarav approached us, I asked him to take care of her, and they discussed. I excused them as I was in a hurry. I reached the hotel, got into my room, dressed nicely, put on some makeup, and was ready to leave for his home. I called Aarav to inform him that I was about to leave and asked him to return to his home after finishing with Miss. Sherilyn.

I took a cab to his house and reached. I was stunned to see his home. It was like a five-star hotel decorated with lights and flowers, probably throwing a birthday party for Vihaan. I was expecting to meet him soon to take a closer look at him. He was walking towards the entrance.

I was thrilled to see him standing alone, looking fabulous in a black suit, and talking to someone. I couldn't stop my footsteps from leading toward him and blocked my step by seeing him hugging a woman.

I scanned her from top to bottom. The peach-colored, perfectly fitted dress emphasizes her beauty with perfect curves, standing by locked arms with Vihaan. She looks stunning.

The guests congratulated together, and he was standing calmly. I'm confused and thinking, who exactly is she? What's going on?

I overheard the guests talking about them, "What a beautiful couple? Their parents were business partners and friends, and the children made them relatives by getting engaged. I heard they were friends from college and liked each other. However, they are adorable."

I was astonished to hear that he had engaged with her; I asked one of the guests to confirm whether I heard correctly or not, "Are they engaged?"

He said, "Yeah. Just now, they exchanged rings in front of guests."

I was about to fall out of shock by hearing his engagement news. My heart ached to see them close together and feel broken. Once again, I gazed at him. He didn't seem pleasured after getting engaged, looking upset like a dreadful person. Though I was not ready to accept, he could cheat on me. I decided to consider the truth right in front of me. Whatever the reason might be, I feel betrayed by him.

An instance, I thought to go to him and ask why he did so. Why didn't he say anything to me? If he intended to break our relationship. I was about to step toward him and stopped by seeing his father was pleased to see them together by adjusting his crooked tie.

However, it's his decision to get engaged with her, perhaps he did it for his father, or he might have another reason. I decided not to ruin his birthday by meeting him and returned to the hotel, holding tears in my eyes.

I saw Aarav standing out of his room, dressed well, was about to leave, and stopped seeing me returning soon. I informed Aarav there was no need to visit Vihaan and asked him to relax in his room by getting changed. I walked into my room and closed the door with a bang.

After a while, Aarav entered my room and asked me curiously, "Have you met him? How does he feel? He may be surprised to see you."

I gazed at his face sadly. He asked me worriedly, sitting next to me, "What happened, Siya? Why do you look sad? Did he tell you something? I'll call him and give him an earful."

I hugged him and shed tears that I had been holding back in my eyes to relieve my sorrow. He consoled me by rubbing my back and saying, "calm down," and asked me by looking at my face and wiping my tears, "Are you crying?" "For what?"

Aarav was furious to hear about Vihaan's engagement and said, "How dare he cheat on you? I never expect this from him. Let me go and talk with him."

I grabbed his hand to stop him and asked him, "Promise me. You wouldn't say anything to him and pretend as never happened."

Aarav asked annoyingly, "Why?"

"I want to give him a chance to explain himself. What he decided about our relationship?" and asked him to keep it a secret about our visit to London. We know about his engagement.

"Don't cry. I'll do as you wish," wiping my tears. He insisted on giving me a second thought about my relationship with Vihaan. "I can't see you in misery, shedding tears for someone who didn't care about your feelings. You should move on from him." He said, to which I nodded to let him calm down.

We returned home the next day, and Mom asked about my competition. Aarav answered mom while I walked into my room silently without responding because my mind was full of his thoughts and stared at my phone, wondering when he would give me a call, and I got to know what he was thinking about us.