Chapter 35

I woke up this morning and was reminded of last night, I heard Aarav shouting at Vihaan, but I cannot recall further what they talked about. Upon trying, I remembered Vihaan came to my room and apologized for hurting me by kissing my forehead. I asked him by holding his hand to stay with me. After a moment, I thought it could be a dream. I get out of bed and get ready to go to the office.

Aarav had prepared breakfast and asked me to go after finishing breakfast. I settled in the chair and felt ashamed to face Aarav after the last night. He served me, and I said," Sorry, Aarav. I won't touch alcohol again. I promise."

"Well." he continued, "Rohit told me how Vihaan hurt you."

I stared at him, and he said, "Last night, Vihaan came with his sister to return your phone. I gave him an ear full."

'Isn't it a dream?"

After finishing my breakfast, I left for the office by taking the elevator to get down to the ground floor of my apartment. I stopped my step after seeing Vihaan waiting for me.

At the same time, Rohit parked his car before me and asked me to get in. I hopped into Rohit's car, ignoring Vihaan because I was still mad at him.

Rohit dropped me at the office, "Let's meet in the evening. Bye." I send him off with a smile on my face. I noticed that Vihaan was following me, approached me, turned around to avoid listening to him, and walked inside my office building, "I have something to say. Can we go out and talk?"

I didn't reply, pretending to be busy talking to one of my colleagues when I met him on the floor. He waited for me to finish my talk with her and continued after she left, "I know you're mad at me. I'm sorry, Siya. Please talk to me."

"I'm busy with office work as we have an important meeting. I can't." I declared and took the elevator to reach my floor. He knew me better than others. I can't easily forgive when someone hurts me. His harsh words hurt me so much that I decided to tell him how I felt.

In the evening, He was still waiting for me. Though I felt terrible for him, I ignored him and walked away to get a cab. He came to me and asked me, "Sorry for hurting you. Please forgive and talk to me, don't ignore me like I didn't exist. I know I made a mistake. If you're mad at me, punch me until you feel calm and relaxed. Please talk to me, Siya."

I glared at him and asked, "Do you mean it? Should I punch you?"

He hesitated for a moment and said, "Yeah, you can. I deserve."

I held my hand into a fist and asked him again, "Do I?"

He closed his eyes and said, "Go for it."

I smiled at seeing his cute expression being afraid of getting punched by me. I eased my hand and slapped his cheek softly because I would never hurt him.

I am not the only one suffering by enduring the pain from longing away from him. He suffered through it and came up with a hope to stay with me forever.

He opened his eyes and asked surprisingly, "Is it enough?"

I teased him by saying, "If not. I can slap you hard this time."

He panicked, "No, it's fine." He continued holding my hand, "You're not mad at me anymore, right"? to which I nodded. I got into his car after he opened the door for me. He drove home.

Sherilyn welcomed me into his home, "Welcome, Siya." She hugged me and continued, "Why didn't you tell me? It's you when I asked about my bro's girlfriend."

"Sorry."

She said, "I am glad you sorted everything out." We smiled. She informed us about the exhibition schedule for this week and asked for my consent, "I'm willing to display your collection, can I?"

I ask her curiously, "Which collection?"

"Your paintings in your upstairs studio which were hung on the walls. Those were brilliant. I was surprised when I saw them yesterday. I am glad to know the story behind the paintings." She explained. I was staring at them in confusion about how they saw them.

She continued, "Oh!... you don't know. Last night, we came home to return your phone. Aarav and your friend Rohit offended my bro by being rude to you and showing the paintings in the studio, saying that you saved your special Moment with my bro in those paintings that tell the love story of you guys. I will be grateful if you permit me to display them in the exhibition. They are beautifully painted, with the feel of love. May I?"

I have no words standing steadily. When she got a call, leave us saying bye and asked me to inform her when I decided.

Vihaan asked me to sit and went to the kitchen to make coffee. After getting the coffee, I asked him, "Have you realized your mistake since seeing the pictures?"

He held my hand, "I am sorry to misunderstand you. I was so excited to meet you again after a long time and reach your office to meet you. But I feel lost after seeing you with Rohit being friendly. I am annoyed. Later, when we met at the restaurant, he said he was your boyfriend. I was jealous of him and saying nonsense to you. I didn't mean those. I knew you loved me, but somewhere I felt bad that you could move on. Seeing those pictures, I realized my mistake. How did you capture and live with our memories in your paintings as you waited for me?"

He hugged me tightly, "Whenever I call Aarav, I want to ask about you. But he instructed me not to ask anything about you. I felt alone without seeing you, hearing your voice, and knowing about you. I know somewhere you feel the same pain in your heart for me. I did everything possible, hoping to meet and embrace you in my arms without letting you go far from me again."

Tucking my hair behind my ear, he continued, "I promise never to hurt you again. I love you, Siya. Let's start over by leaving every pain and sorrow behind."

I understand him. Somewhere, I wronged. I should converse with him before deciding on our relationship instead of choosing on my own and informing him. However, after a long wait, he returned to me, and I, too, wish for the same to live with him happily by leaving all hardship behind.

He said, "I love you, Siya." And hugged me tightly. Leaving all my worries behind, I relaxed in his arms and said, "I love you."

Later, he took me to the beach, as he had promised. We walked barefoot in cold water, and he hugged me from behind. I feel warm in his arms and enjoy spending time with him strolling in the city, holding hands, and having late-night snacks at a fast-food center.

He drops me at home in his car and finds Aarav waiting for me. I approached him and informed him that we were together. He patted my head and said, "If you're happy. It's fine. If he hurts you again, I won't let him go easily."

I hugged him and said, "I'm glad to have a brother like you. Thank you, Aarav, for staying with me and supporting me in every decision. Thank you for everything."

He said, "I'm lucky to have you as my sister." Vihaan came to us, apologized for everything, thanked Aarav for being a true friend, and hugged each other. I joined them.