FOUR.

"What do you want?!"

"Where were you all night?"

"I was out with my friends"

"Drinking?"

"And some other stuff. Now please,leave my room. I'm having a headache!"

"Who's gonna drive Mel to school?"

"You've got a car,so do it"

The door slammed and Melanie threw her head back as she closed her eyes.

She was having a very bad headache from her mom and Hudson's fight.

She closed her eyes as she heard the door of her room open.

She opened one eye and saw her mom walking towards her.

"Mela-" her mom started but Melanie raised her hand dismissively and her mom kept quiet

"My head is at the verge of tearing into two," she whispered. "Please just get me to school"

Her mom sighed and nodded as she helped her daughter out of her room and down the stairs.

The drive to school was silent, Melanie stared out the window like she always did,and her mom kept stealing glances,to make sure her daughter was still in the land of the living.

"Well why are you so quiet, honey?" Her mom asked as they got to a red light.

"Nothing" Melanie mumbled

"Ya know you didn't have breakfast"

"I know. I'll have my strawberry cake in school"

"How's Michelle's sessions?" Her mom asked

"They're good so far" Melanie replied as the light turned to a yellow one.

"Is there anything you wanna tell me?"

Melanie placed ber index on her chin in deep thought.
"I don't think so,mom"

"Have you made any friends so far?" Her mom asked

Melanie closed her eyes and took a deep breath,

Her mom was really bombarding her with questions.

"Nope," Melanie shrugged as she watched the yellow light turn green. "Oh,but I met Amelia two days ago"

"Amelia? Amelia Jameson?" Her mom asked as she drove.

"Yes mom," she replied as she noticed her mom's smiley face turn to a straight one. "Any problem?"

"No honey," her mom sighed. "I'm glad you're making friends and all,but are you sure Amelia-"

"Please no,mom. Not this morning," Melanie sighed. "I think making bad choices is also part of life. Besides, what's the issue with Amelia?"

"She argues a lot with her parents. She even barely sleeps in,and I'm not sure you want her as a pal"

"Mom,this whole friendship thing is new to me after so many years,so why don't you want me to start over?"

"It's not that,...I'm just looking out for you,Mel"  her mom said.

Melanie sighed as her mom pulled up into the school's parking lot.

"I know it's so hard for you to make friends after all that happened. I know you can't even remember what to do when making friends anymore,I know it will feel like deja Vu and you'll have some  images flash in your head about the past,but please..be wise"

"Sure mom"

----- *------
He squinted as he walked by, taking in her facial features before going out of Melanie's view.