THIRTY TWO.

Sadly,Damien suffered an anaphylactic shock.

And he hadn't woken up.

In a few hours,the doctors said he should be up,but not fully alright.

They said he needed at least,eight more hours before fully recovering. And couldn't get back to sports immediately after.

Mel blamed herself for every single thing that was happening.

She deserved the blame.

Damien was in that deep pool for more than twenty minutes, fighting for his life,gasping for air, waiting for her to come with help.

She hadn't eaten since the incident, and it was the second day.

Rachael was also in the room, waiting for any move her son could make to signify he was alive.

It broke Mel's heart that her mom,her dad, Damien's mom,Amelia,Blake,Lilian,Hudson and Tyler were all there because of Damien

She really wished she got there earlier,then maybe he'd be fine by now. Maybe he'd be awake and probably be eating one of those energy bars he loved.

Mel sighed as she dropped the novel in her hands on the side table.

"Can we...pray?" She croaked out and wiped off a stray tear off her face.

Everyone stared at her,and they left what they were all doing to hold hands with the person next to them to form a circle.

Mel closed her eyes and sighed.
"Father,we thank you for bringing us this far in life. We thank you for our various achievements. We also thank you for the improvement in Damien Brooks' health. Lord,we ask for his safe recovery. We know that we are not worthy to come before you because we have all sinned in one way or the other,but hear our cry ,Lord! Heal Damien,Lord. Please-," she said as she stopped,tears escaping her eyes. "Thank you father for we know that you have answered our prayers" she said and wiped her eyes.

And they all chorused.
"Amen"

11:28pm.

Just Rachael and Melanie were with Damien.

His father was at home with the nurses,. He was very sick. Thus, couldn't come to see Damien.

Rachael was drifting off because she was coming from her own hospital,and she was quite tired,but Mel's eyes were as open as frying pan, waiting for a single movement.

She dropped the third novel she had finished reading on the side table and picked another one.

She was quite tired,but if she was in Damien's shoes, he'd do the same,he might even be sitting next to her on the bed.

Her eyes were on the book,and before she began to read it,she prayed for Damien again.

"Hey,MM" she heard a faint whisper.

She snapped her head up to see Damien's eyes flicker.

"Rachael! He just said something! I think he- I think he's awake!"

Mel wheeled towards him,and stretched her hand to his hair,caressing it.
She closed her eyes and thanked God for answering her prayers.

"Hey,have you had anything to eat?," He asked Mel with a frown. "Mom,did she eat?"

"No,she hasn't," Rachael sighed. "She said she wanted to feel what you were feeling. She said since you hadn't eaten,she also wasn't gonna eat"

Damien sighed as he leaned closer to Mel to give her a kiss.

When they pulled away,Rachael hugged her son as tears escaped her eyes.
"Thank you" she whispered to no one in particular,but she knew who she was referring to.

"How do you feel?" Rachael asked.

"Weak," Damien shrugged. "I have a bit of a migraine too,but overall,I'm good" he said.

Mel stared at Damien. He looked weak to be honest,but she was happy that he was at least able to talk.

"I'm a fighter,I know," he rolled his eyes with a grin. "Come on,I wasn't just gonna leave you like that" He said to Rachael and Mel.

Mel smiled as tears still escaped her eyes.
"I'm glad you're okay.. I was devastated,and I somehow think I'm responsible for all this," Mel sighed. "I could have stopped this if I had gotten there earlier,and-"

"Mel, stop," Damien narrowed his eyes. "I'm fine,okay? So please stop saying it's all your fault"

*** ***
A WEEK LATERRRRR!!!.

"I'm glad I was able to attend graduation" Damien sighed.

"Same here" Mel chuckled as Damien caressed her hair.

"How about the dreams?" He asked her.

"Oh yeah," she chuckled. "I understand what my grandma has been saying"

"Really?" Damien sat up.

Mel nodded.
"You're the person who I needed to save. I mean.. the moment I committed myself to helping you,I slowly set you free... You were trapped in your own world of sadness because of your grandfather and your father's toxic habits. Damien,the monster was you. You were the monster of yourself when you couldn't accept the truth about your grandfather,and when I slowly helped you, I slowly stopped having those nightmares" Mel said and smiled to herself.

"Wow," he pulled her closer. "Dreams are creepy" he whispered and buried his face in her neck.

Mel chuckled, making the whole bed vibrate.
"I've been battling with them for years now"

"But are they gone now?" He asked.

"They're slowly fading away" she smiled.

Damien nodded as he ran his fingers on her arm.
"I love you,Mel"

"And I love you,Damien" she laughed and so did he.

"We are so cheesy"

"I think you're the cheesy one" she rolled her eyes and he laughed.

Final chapter,guyssss. Thanks so much for reading this book✨✨♥️♥️♥️. I couldn't have gotten the support to go on without you guys! You guys mean a lot to me. THANK YOU FOR READINGGG😌❤️