NINE.

DAMIEN BROOKS.

It was cold.

It was windy.

He was infuriated.

He didn't know why he did that.

"Dude,would you stop brooding?" Tyler said as he bounced the ball on the pavement.

"I think I should talk to her" Damien said

"She deserved that,but after what her brother did to you.. I don't think there's any need to apologize"

Damien chuckled as he walked.
"I deserved that," he said. "It's very unlike me to hurt a girl. It doesn't have to be physical,and from all I've heard,MM is pretty emotional. I don't know the damage I've caused-"

"MM?" Tyler laughed.

"Yeah," Damien smiled. "Melanie Martins"

"Why are you smiling like that?" Tyler asked.

"I don't know" he chuckled.

"Damn"

"Oh,shut up," Damien rolled his eyes. "Do you think I should talk to her?"

"You can if you're willing to get hit again by her bodyguard.... I mean, look at your eye"

"It's fine. The bruise will eventually fade off"

"Did you give him any?" Tyler asked.

"Out of self-defense," Damien said. "Yeah,but it wasn't too brutal"

**** ****
MELANIE MARTINS

"It's time for dinner!" Her mom yelled,and Mel only made her way to the dining table.

She sat in her wheelchair as she waited for the rest of the family to join.

Hudson came down the stairs,and even though Melanie was giving him the silent treatment,she couldn't help but feel bad that he had that bruise on his jaw.

"Mel?" He said

She ignored him as their mom set the food on the table.

"Could you please talk to me" he pleaded as he sat next to her.

"Melanie, what's wrong?" Her mom asked as Mr Martins sat down.

"She's not talking to me because of some guy at school" Hudson said as he finally sat down.

"What guy?" Mr Martins asked with a cocked brow.

"There's this guy-" Hudson started.

"It's nothing,dad" Melanie said as she put some food in her plate.

"Oh so now you talk" Hudson rolled his eyes.

"I don't think you had to be that violent" Melanie sighed as she picked up some food with her fork and put it in her mouth.

"You know I don't like it when people hurt you" Hudson said.

"Wait,so-" her dad started,but was interrupted.

"Honey,this is a twin stuff so let them handle it" Mrs Martins said to her husband.

"I told you,I can stand up for myself!"

Hudson stared at her with a look. A look that said more than what he probably intended to pass on.

"No, Hudson. That was mean!" Their mom yelled.

"I didn't say anything" he said and ran his hand through his hair.

Melanie just sighed as she wheeled away from the table.