SIX.

"Who is she?" He asked himself multiple times. The same question playing in his head.

Her face was new to him.

Her beauty was rare.

But she wasn't the one to talk or socialize.

Yes,she was smart,but that didn't count for anything.

Your intelligence isn't gonna help you make life long friends.

"Man, what's up?" His friend,Blake nudged him with his elbow.

"What do you mean what's up?" Damien asked with a raised brow.

"I've been calling your name for six minutes!" Blake replied.

"Yeah man,you seem off" Tyler chipped in.

As he was about to reply,he saw her.

She was struggling with how to maintain the balance of her food on her laps,and also how to wheel herself to the table.

"Do you think I should help her?" Damien asked Blake who was now drinking a soda.

"Who? Mel?," Blake scoffed. "I'd advice you just sit your butt down"

"Why?"

"She'll act like you're not talking to her" Tyler replied

"Has she always been like that?" Damien asked,curiosity laced in his voice

"Well,she wasn't really the one to talk,but at least,she used to smile,and she used to talk. But after the accident,she just... Lost it..." Blake said as he stared at her

"When did the accident happen?" Dami asked.

"When she was eleven. She was in the fifth grade," Tyler sighed. "She wasn't in school for about two months"

"She went into a coma for two weeks" Blake said and ate a fry.

"That's messed up" Damien whispered and Blake nodded.

"But if you're trying to shoot a shot with her," Tyler chuckled and patted Damien's shoulder. "Don't"

And the bell rang.

Damien rolled his eyes as they all got up from their chairs.

***** _____ -_-

It was time to go home,and as Damien hopped in his car,he saw Hudson wheeling his twin out of the school.

Her eyes were red,and with how much determination he had to go there,it all faltered the moment he heard Tyler's voice in his head. 'She'll act like you're not talking to her'

Damien got into his car and drove to his therapist; Dr Michelle.

**_**

"I'll try not to hit back" Damien said, touching anything his hands could find on her official table.

"Damien, you're scattering my table" Dr Michelle chided.

"But you know this is what I do," he shrugged. "You're used to this" he chuckled.

"As I was saying, don't get violent" She said

"Like I said, I'll try"

"Don't try. Just don't "

"Man,I hate my dad" Damien sighed as he finally sat down.

"We all have our fair shares of life's cruelty"

"And I think mine is my dad" Damien let out a small chuckle.

"What makes you think so?"

"Well, he's the worst. I can't even breath in that damn house! Dude's always asking me where I'm at,who I'm with or why I'm home late"

"Have you tried to abide by what he's saying you should do,and have you compared his reaction to when you don't"

"I'm not gonna do what he wants," Damien said.  "It's like he's against everything I stand for"

"Like alcohol and-"

"I told you I quit"

"You left your bottle here last Saturday" Dr Michelle said.

"I had a lot of stuff on my mind on Saturday"

"Hm, really? Care to share?"

"No"

"Alright," Michelle said. "Any issues fitting in at EastLake?"

"Not really. I've made some friends,and I kinda like their teachers"

"That sounds good"

6666669999999666699999
"I've told you baby,try to smile"

"I do,granny"

"When you were a baby,you always smiled. So what happened now?"

"You know what happened, granny"

"What happened? And does that account for your change in personality?"

"Please Gran, don't scold me now. I wanna enjoy the little time with you"

"Granny? Grandma? Where are you?"

"With you,in you, around you" the old woman's voice slowly faded away.

Beep,

Beep,

Beep!!!!!

"I'm alive! I'm breathing!" Melanie yelled as she opened her eyes, trying to steady her breathing.

She reached for the glass of water on her nightstand,and she gulped it down her throat.

Another dream.

Another reminder that her grandma was further from her than she could imagine.

Melanie sighed as she grabbed her novel ad began to read before she prepared for school.

*** **"*
A few weeks passed,and Amelia kept sneaking into Melanie's room to sleep or to steal the stash of hidden goodies Melanie had in her room.

"Can I crash here for tonight?" Her soft voice asked.

"Why?" Melanie asked with her eyes still closed.

"I fought with my parents again-" Amelia said and let out a subtle sigh.

Melanie finally opened her eyes,and she saw Amelia standing next to her bed.

"Sure,you can"

Amelia let out a heavy sigh and jumped on the fluffy chair in Mel's room.

"Goodnight" Amelia whispered.

"Night"

Short chapter,I know... And I'm sorry,lol.
Anyhoos,I hope you loved it♥️