TEN.

"So you like fries,but without ketchup?"

"Exactly. It's like so good. I've grown to love it that way because I'm allergic to ketchup"

"No, that's disgusting,but I understand... Because of your allergies" Damien said as he propelled her towards the table of the ELITES.

He earned a few stares,murmurs, gasps and so on,but he didn't really get why.

"Please,can we just go to my usual table?" She pleaded as he wheeled her towards the table even more.

"Nope," he insisted. "My friends are gonna love you"

Melanie closed her eyes until her wheelchair came to a stop.

"Open up" he whispered

She opened her eyes,and everyone at the table stopped eating to stare at her.

"Say hi" Damien said to her.

She waved to them and caught her breath.

"Guys,this is Melanie... Melanie,these are my friends" Damien grinned at them.

"And why are you the one wheeling her around? Last time I checked,you were yelling at her like she was your little sister" Hudson said.

Melanie realized he was even at the table. She didn't even notice.

"Could you not give negative vibes right now?," Damien scoffed. "As I was saying... This is Melanie,and I brought her here so y'all could meet her. She's a bit shy"

Blake instantly waved at her and made his way to sit next to her.
"I like this new frame" Blake grinned.

Melanie didn't know what to do.

This was all new for her.

"Uh,... Hello?"

"Hi," Blake smiled again. "I'm Blake,you know me already by the way cause I'm in your class... I was just complimenting your new frame"

"Oh,thank you. They're vintage"

"I can see so" he chuckled and noticed the food on her laps. "No ketchup?"

"No,I'm allergic"

"Ohh," he said. "That's tragic" he whispered,and Melanie laughed, making people turn to she and Blake.

"So, this is Damien's chic, right?" A girl that looked like Molly from the After movie asked.

"No, Kelly" Hudson said.

"Damien wouldn't go for her" Dawn, Hudson's girlfriend or whatever said.

"Damn it,Dawn. She's my sister!" Hudson said.

"I forgot,to be honest. I'm sorry" Dawn said and kissed Hudson's cheek.

"Just ignore them. Especially Kelly," Blake whispered to Mel.

Mel nodded and continued to eat.

9⁹9⁹⁹⁹99999⁹⁹⁹⁹99999⁹⁹9⁹⁹⁹⁹
"What time is your session?" Damien asked as he propelled her out of school and towards the parking lot.

"4pm today"

"Oh. Mine's at seven today"

"That's very late to be out" Mel said.

"No,seven is pretty when normal people go out" Damien said.

They arrived at Hudson's car,and waited for him.

"You can go,Damien... I'll wait here"

"I don't think it's safe to do that.....," Damien trailed off.

"But before there was anyone to wait with me, I've always been waiting"

Damien chuckled.
"Gosh,you don't have to be so real sometimes"

"So,are you trying to say I'm a phantom?"

"No, I mean you don't have to be so down to earth all the time" Damien sighed.

"Down to earth?!!," Melanie yelled. "I'm so confused" she put both hands on her ears.

Damien chuckled.
"You've got a lot to learn"

"Amelia said the same thing" Mel said as she grabbed some strawberries from the Ziploc bag in her backpack.

Damien chuckled as he watched Hudson walk to them with his arm wrapped around Dawn's tiny waist.

"Care for some?" Mel asked.

"I'm good,thanks" Damien chuckled.

Hudson arrived,and immediately,Dawn's scent hit Melanie's nose, making her cough.

Her cherry perfume was too strong,and Dawn obviously applied more then necessary.

"You're choking us,Dawn" Damien said with a scoff.

Dawn chuckled,and made puppy eyes at Damien who just laughed.

"So, we're dropping Dawn off at her house. Her car is getting repaired" Hudson said.

"That's fine by me" Melanie shrugged and continued to eat her strawberries.

"But her therapy session is by 4pm today,and Dawn's house is in the complete opposite direction of that" Damien said.

"She goes for therapy sessions?," Dawn asked Hudson. "Why? What's wrong with her?"

"Nothing," he said to Dawn,and then turned to Damien. "Could you mind your business?"  He asked Damien with an eye roll.

"Fine," Damien said and turned to Melanie. "Bye" he said to her.

She waved with a mouthful of strawberries,and that just made him chuckle as he walked away.

***
***
*** * *

"Would you stop studying?" Amelia groaned as she laid on Mel's bed.

She came back to her senses and got up,remembering how Mel felt about body germs.

"No," Mel said. "Trigonometry test tomorrow. Hello!"

"You are such a nerd"

"You're not the first one to say that. Even my twin says that"

Amelia groaned.
"So you don't do anything fun?"

"This is fun"

"You need help" Amelia said each word slowly.

"Nope. I'm pretty fine with this,well, that's unless you're willing to assist me,I mean-"

"No,I don't mean with trig" Amelia said.

"Then,what?"

"Ugh,just forget it"

"If you want me to" Mel shrugged and continued licking her popsicle.

Amelia groaned for the seventieth time that night.

"Why are you groaning so much? Do you feel constipated?" Mel asked with concern written all over her face.

Amelia sat up from the floor.
"People are gonna take your innocence and care for sarcasm" Amelia said.

"How so?"

"I mean,look at you... So clueless and all," Amelia said. "Did you grow up in a bubble? Or did you never go outside?" Amelia asked,and Mel chuckled so hard.

"I definitely did not grow up in a bubble," Mel said. "But when you say grow up... It has different stages. I could have been much younger and my parents could have-"

"Please stop!," Amelia cried out. "You don't have to explain everything everytime! Some remarks are left unattended to"

Melanie sighed as she adjusted her glasses..
"Can I go back to studying now?"

"Nerd" Amelia said,and Mel just rolled her eyes.

Thanks so much for reading. Means so much to me.

XOXOOOOO✨✨✨🧡🧡🧡