CHAPTER 2: STUCK

*Tuesday, 7:58 AM*

Uraraka

Shit shit shit shit shit-

Next time I forget my notebook with all my homework in it in my room, I better not already be walking into the classroom!! I had to run all the way back to the dorms and up to my room! I'm going to be so late, darn it!

After grabbing my notebook, I hopped into the elevator and started spazzing the down button. With just a few inches for the doors to close, a hand shot through and forced them back open. I jumped back in surprise as Bakugo rushed into elevator next to me and pressed the down button. His clothes and hair were messed up, like he just rolled out of bed. His bag hanging on his wrist.

I watched as he franticly tucked in the white dress shirt of his uniform. I asked, "Overslept?"

He adjusted his belt as he growled, "Yeah."

"I forgot my notebook." I said.

The elevator binged as it descended pass the 3rd floor.

"Hey, Bakugo, do you want to-"

DEEEEEUUUUUPPppp...

We froze as the elevator stopped and the lights went out.

Bakugo groaned and spazzed the down button.

Nothing happened.

"Did we just lose power?" I asked.

"Son of a-THIS WAS THE FUCKING REASON I OVERSLEPT!!" He pressed all the buttons, even the emergency button, but there was no connection. He tossed his bag across the elevator. "WHAT THE FUCK?!"

"I'll just call-" I felt my empty pockets. "Uh! I left my phone in the classroom!"

He pulled out his and unlocked it. After a moment, he tried lifting his arm up to find a signal before stepping close to the window.

Thank goodness this elevator was windowed, or we would be in complete darkness right now!

"Fucking piece of crap!" He dropped his arm and shook his head at me.

"Are you getting any Wi-Fi signal? We could try using email or something."

He rechecked his phone and shook his head.

"Seriously?" I sighed in annoyance. "And everybody else left for class already."

"FUCK-email." He said as he reopened his phone. After scrolling for a moment, he showed me the screen. "Look."

It was a saved email from the faculty? I read, "'Informing class 1-A, your dorm building, the Heights Alliance, is scheduled for foundation maintenance on February 12th at 8am to 3pm. Access to the building will be suspended during this time. Thank you for your cooperation, the U.A. Support Department.' 8 to 3? That's when classes start and end. They planned for everyone to already be out of the building. We're stuck here."

"They can't have the power out all day." He said, "They have to turn it on for safety checks."

"That's right!" I nodded, "We just got to wait till then."

.

.

.

Okay, this is awkward.

I decided to sit down and try to wait more comfortably while Bakugo just leaned against the wall opposite of me and crossed his arms in silence.

I tucked my legs into a crisscross and put my notebook on my lap.