CHAPTER 8: MOM'S SECRET

*7:34 PM*

Uraraka

After we all ate dinner, our class scattered about throughout the dorms like usual. A small group of us decided to play Just Dance in the commons. I sat on the couch watching Deku and Toru battle it out. 

“Come on, Deku! You can do it!” I cheered, seeing how much she was beating his score. 

“I don’t know this song!” He laughed, nearly tripping. 

“I got next dance!” Mineta called. 

“I’ll go against you,” Tsu offered. 

Vvvvvvrrrrrrr

What the--?

Vvvvvvrrrrrr

My butt was vibrating. 

Vvvvvvrrrrrrr

I cupped my phone in my pocket and realized it wasn’t my phone that was ringing. 

Vvvvvvvrrrrrr

I dug into the couch cushions and pulled out a plain, black phone with a ‘Mom’ calling. A mom, huh? I missed my mom. Whomever lost their phone in the couch would probably want someone to answer it. 

I pressed the green phone button and said, “Hel—”

“ABOUT TIME YOU PICKED UP, KATSUKI!! IF YOU KEEP IGNORING ME WHEN I CALL–“

“—lo?” I finished. 

“… Do I have the wrong number? I’m sorry I was trying to call my son.”

Oh my god, I’m talking to Bakugo’s mom! “No, you have the right number. I just found his phone in the couch.” I tried to sound reassuring. 

“Oh! I’m so sorry for yelling at you, honey! It’s just that my son can be so stubborn and I've been trying to call all week.”

I nodded, “I understand! He still acts pretty stubborn sometimes.” 

“Oh? Are you one of his friends?” 

“Yeah, I would say so.” I nodded. Tsu looked at me curious. “My name is Ochako Uraraka.” 

Uraraka? Uraraka… that sounds familiar. Did you compete in the sports festival?”

“Yes! I actually fought Bakugo in the 1vs1 matches.”

Tsu mouthed, “Who are you talking to?” 

I shook my head at her to let her know not to worry about it. Mina seemed to notice more from the other couch. Crap

“Oh! Uraraka! The brown-haired girl who can float things!”

“Yes, that's me!”

“It is very nice to meet you! I think your quirk is just amazing! Your match against Katsuki had me at the edge of my seat! You're going to be a great hero one day!” 

My heart warmed. “Aww! That's very kind of you to say!”

“It's the truth! Hell, you were the first girl I've ever seen him fight offense against!”

I furrowed my eyebrows, causing Mina to start crawling over to hear. “What do you mean?” 

“I'm sure you understand by now that Katsuki is extremely competitive, and has no problem being aggressive when he fights. But even as a young boy, he hated being matched up against girls.”