CHAPTER 4: CLINGH

*12:45 PM*

Uraraka

Eeehhh... It's cold in here. My leggings aren't thick enough...

And I'm hungry...

I glanced over at Bakugo to see him scrolling through his music, bored. We were both kind of over listening to music today. I pointed at his bag, "You got any food in there?"

He started rolling up his headphones to put them away. "No."

I grumbled.

And shivered.

"You cold?" he asked.

"Well, yeah! There's no heat pumping in here!" I hugged my knees.

He stood up and stretched his back. "Want to spar?"

"In here?"

"I'm not going to use my quirk, idiot."

"It's still a small space, dickhead."

He glared at me. I shot a glare back, making sure his sass would never be swept under the rug!

"Whatever, I'm tired of sitting down and I'm fucking bored. We could do some hand drills or something." He suggested, "It would warm you up."

Eh, why not?

I hopped to my feet. "Got any in mind?"

He finished stretching his back and rolled out his shoulders. "I had an idea after watching you spar actually."

"Okay?"

"Have you ever heard of muay thai?" he asked.

"Um," I thought about all the martial arts I knew but weren't totally familiar with yet. "A little."

"You should learn it."

"Why?"

"Because of your quirk." He explained, "We both use our quirks with our hands, but you need to get close to take control of your opponent. You have to if you want to capture them, right?"

"Yeah."

"Well, what happens if they try to capture you back?"

"I usually use my quirk at that point. And if they struggle, I can use locks and holds. I've been grappling with Ojiro like twice a week so I know what to do." I reassured him.

His eye twitched when I said Ojiro's name. I wonder why...

"Grappling only works if the opponent doesn't want to kill you."

"What do you mean? What are you suggesting?"

"You're too nice."

I turned my hands up, "Huh?"

"Take it from my perspective." He said seriously. A full-on Bakugo Sensi mode. "I've been through a lot of shit. There are fuckers out there who have seriously dangerous quirks, and if you give them an opening, you could get yourself killed. Remember that buck-tooth bitch in class 1-B with a blade quirk?"

"Yeah, um, you took him out during that team training." I nodded.

"Would you grapple him?"

Images of my body getting minced while trying to put him in an arm bar splattered my mind. "Ah, I see what you're saying."

"You need to more brutal." He said, "To make sure they are done for before capturing them, otherwise you have no guarantee that you're safe."

Hmm... I thought about my current fighting style. I always have to be aware of how I approach my opponent, or risk losing the advantage. I've noticed myself getting better at finding windows when they are distracted too. That's how I usually win the fight, by shooting in while they're off guard. I asked, "So, how will muay thai help me stop the attacker in a fight?"