Chapter 7

"I don't think Aadrash sir is someone I should have opened up to" Yash stretched his legs and put his hand under his head. Comfortably he closed his eyes.

"What happened?" Neel peeled the orange and put one slice in his mouth.

"He is too jolly and always laughs and thinks of jokes. Like all the time. He has never been serious for more than 2 seconds."

"You too always talk about the sky. Do I tell you that you are a fool? No. He takes life lightly, not seriously. And now you will judge people for being happy, kind and optimistic."

Yash opened his eyes and thought of it. Was he wrong? Why did Aadarsh laughing all the time irritated him so much? He stared at the ceiling for a brief while.

"I don't know. He takes it too much lightly."

"Yeah but-" Neel leaned back on the soft velvet covers.

"Anyways I don t think we will interact much. He took a transfer at the south coast near the river."

"Good then. I hope you don't take me as a fool."

"You are a sensible man."

"Am I?"

"Is he?" It was a sharp voice cht him smoothly.

"Yes" Yash sat up on the bed. Laxmi sat on the chair beside the Prince.

"Have you done what I said?" She glared at Neel. And he moved his head in no.

She signed and stood up. "I knew you could forget. I have to remind you of everything. Let it be. Yash once you are free tomorrow. Get my jewellery back from the palace."

"Sure."

"I will do that." Neel stood up with his mother who started walking for the door.

"Will you?" She asked.

"Yes, I have to prepare for the music event too."

"Music event yes," She turned to look at Yash. "You will be on duty." Talking to herself she turned to look at Neel. "Let it be, I will do it myself, anyway I haven't Queen for a while now. It's the perfect time to pay a visit."

"Then don't come telling me I don't do anything."

"You actually don't do anything." She said and left the room.

"Ma doesn't know what I do! Yash, come with me." He took his hand and brought him to his study which was in the room opposite to his.

"I have good news."

Yash sat on the chair while Neel handed him some papers from the table.

"My father and I are working on recruiting officers for the palace. I have shortlisted some positions for you."

"I am partially blind. Are you sure they will have me?"

Neel took his hand on his "I trust you. I know you're capable of it."

"I was thinking of making you an apprentice of chief Om Shah."

"He commands battalion no.42, who handles the west zone of the outer palace. He is in charge of jail security and some ministers who live in an outer palace."

"You sure " Yash couldn't get himself to look at the papers. Getting his hopes high. He didn't want to feel low.

"I know it was hard to get the position of keeper of the east zone. But look. You have successfully completed your six months here. You are capable of this. And you have proved it time and time again to everyone over the last one year."

"This palace.... They removed me from the special force because I was blind in one eye. Why do you think they will keep me in the palace?"

"Special force and the palace are different things."

"Trust me. I can get you this one."

"I trust you."

"You remembered what grandfather said."

"Yes." Yash signed and took papers from Neel's hand. "People doubt you all the time whether you are blind or not. You don't define their actions. But you can change them through your actions." 

.

.

.

.

What you think of this characters? Do you like them?

vote.comment.share.