Chapter 12

Yash noticed her eyes moving everywhere. From the people standing by at the edge of the playground to the bird in the sky. But not on him.

Was it an attempt to ignore him? If it was, he couldn't be upset.

"Lord how long will they stay like this." The guard asked and Yash moved his head towards the other end. There were around 10 of them standing there under watch.

What was a good penalty for intruders who belonged to the high class?

"I can't insult them publicly or they will harsh them behind our back."

"You are right sir, How about something that will make them think twice before doing anything?"

Yash looked around thinking hard.

"They are landlords, if we charge criminal charges they will make the life of lower class hell," Guard said.

"They tried to take possession of the donated land. How about we label it a protest and penalize them for that. Their dignity will be preserved and the court will decide the last verdict."

"Great. I will start working on it."

Yash nodded and turned to look at the children playing on the ground. Right then a ball made of jute cloth came to his feet and he bent down to get it when he stood straight, Rupali was right there in front of him

Her bright eyes were looking down at him as she committed a crime and her smile disappeared completely.

He gleamed and gave the ball back. "Here, miss"

"Thank you, Sir, It's nice to meet you again sir. I didn't recognize you at first."

He chuckled, "No need to thank for the ball."

"For the ball!! It was for taking them away."

"That's alright after all it's NGO's land not there's."

"Didi, come fast. " Rupali looked back at the girls playing and nodded. She turned to look at Yash one last time. "I have to go."

"Sure-" Yash bowed his head a little. Within a second she walked back and Yash called her back. "Miss, it's about to rain. Better you and your friends get a safe place."

She looked up and thought "You think it will rain?"

"I know when clouds form that shape and winds blow. It will rain."

"One game and then we will go home."

"And if they trouble again you can tell me." He looked at them and then said "They shouldn't trouble you again but if it happens you can come to the office."

Rupali figured out she had to ask him or he would doubt her so she asked "Which office?"

"Keeper of the west zone. I am officer  Yash Mori."

"It's an honour to meet you, Sir. Mori family has done so much good for the country, your grandson Jaidev Jeel Mori is an inspiration for everyone."

His eyes widened on the last sentence. He nodded and said "Yes. You know him well."

"Yes--um who hasn't heard about the Mori family? Your father and grandfather are brave generals of our army."

"Thank you for your kind words."

"I didn't know you were a keeper. I have miss behaved and dishonoured lord. I hope the Lord will forgive and not report me"

"How will I report if I don't know your name?"

"Lord have faith in a poor girl."

"Poor. Are you?"

"What do you mean?" Rupali asked

"Your name?"

Rupali stood there looking at her feet and here and there. What was so much in her head to start talking to this man. He always brings troubles.

"It's an order?"

"Nisha. Please, sir, don't report."

"What will you do then?"

"What can I do?"

"I mean a noblewoman from the palace roaming like a peasant girl and thieving. It is punishable."

"They were just mangoes."

"If stealing mango is justified, so is gold from the temple."

She stared at him in disbelief.

Yash continued  "It's no different. Today if you have the guts to steal mango why couldn't you steal something else in future?" 

"I couldn't."

"But someone else will if they see a thief is not punished, they will get the urge to do the same. They wouldn't be rich to not steal like you."

"What are you saying?"

"I saw you in the palace and I guarantee you are noble." He flashed his ring "You know my grandfather's middle name. Not many people know that."

"Lord, trust me-"

"Who are you?"

.

.

.

.

next update on : 22 July

vote.comment.share.