Chapter 13

"I - I am not a thief. I understand what you meant. I am ready to be held punishable if that is what Lord wants."

"You didn't steal, you did try. But you trespassed in the mango yard which is forbidden."

"I have permission to go there."

"Who are you?"

"I am Mann Singh's nephew."

"Mann Singh will not be happy to see his nephew like this."

She rubbed her figures together as the possibility started forming in her head. Mann Uncle will have her beaten in front of everyone if he knew Rupali was out without guards in disguise.

Yash sensed the tension building on her face "He knows you roam streets like this?"

Rupali saw a smile growing on her face. He was surely thinking something awful. She can't be seen as weak or he will surely take advantage of it.

"Don't threaten me like this thinking I am weak. If you are so eager then take me. Don't you dare play a game with me?"

"I am not playing a game just asking which I have the right to. You are being angry because I am right."

"You shall have me in front of the court. I will make sure of it myself." If he was so sure to get Rupali punished she could do it herself and not be accused wrongly. She turned to go knowing they would arrest her.

"No need to miss, you seem to have taken it to your ego."

Rupali was taking charge of her actions and he thought it of as her ego? Rupali almost lost her sense "So What?"

"You were wrong to steal like that."

"I understand I shouldn't have tried to steal. What else?" She said.

They stood there for a few seconds silent. She thought and it came to her that she was wrong. But wasn't it too late now.

"I meant to have you understand that. But I felt I guess. I will not accuse you of anything. Don't worry." He realized her anger was to protect her wrong image. If he said anything more she would never admit her misdeed.

"I got angry because you are questioning me like I am a criminal for roaming around the streets. What I do is my business. You shouldn't be concerned about it."

"You are right." He said and backed up.

Her eyes narrowed on him. what was he thinking? Was it a trap? She signed and decided to leave. She looked up at him, his eyes never left her. Just then it rained and she looked up at the sky in shock.

There was a leaf roof right behind them; they both ran there and took shelter along with 3 other soldiers.

The silence grew uncomfortable. She wanted to run in the rain and get away from all the questions and his questioning gaze which constantly looked at her.

"You know you were wrong to be angry?" Yash said

"You take so much pride in being right."

"Because I am right."

"What do you want me to do."

"Know that you were wrong."

"To steal. Yes. To be angry although I was accused yes. To be angry at someone finding my true identity, yes. To be angry with you, to take pride in having me proud wrong, no."

She walked into the rain and he almost followed her but stopped. All soaked she strode on the road and vanished in a few seconds.

.

.

.

.

next update on:  25 July 2022

vote.comment.share.