Chapter 15

"Kalpana where have you been?"

"Your mother asked me about you."

"I told her you are at lady Laxmi's house. She was furious. This time I guess she will cook us alive."

"I will say something. Neel will help." Rupali muttered as she took long stride across the room.

"What you did today?"

"I talked with women about reconstructions and was in kitchen helping to prepare food for people." She finally sat down on the charpai. "I am so tried."

"Princess, you are doing good work. You should never stop."

"Why could I?"

"You know, Yash was here in morning and at lunch time. Ramu Uncle was telling others and I overheard how good he is to be on field and work along them. Yash eat in NGO today."

"That good but did he did anything? Asked you anything or did anything?"

"I didn't gave him chance to talk to me"

"Good!"

"But one day we will know."

"And we don't know anything about him."

"Princess try to know if he will understand us?"

"What if he doesn't?"

"Don't please."

"Laxmi aunt said to tell him this myself and face consequences. I tried talking to him yesterday but it ended up badly."

"Should we talk to Neel?"

"I will but he is busy haven't seen him since morning."

"I am dying inside thinking what could happen if Yash tells. After all he is an Employee and it's his duty to report."

"Your mother will skin me alive."

The door opened with a knock and a lady stood there at door blocking the outside view.

"Lord got his arm injured can you do banged Kalpana." The lady said.

"Nisha can do it. She is good at medicine too."

"I-" She looked at Kalpana and she signed Rupali to go. "I will."

She took a wooden box and walked to out of the room. Yash was sitting under a tree on a charpai.

"Lord." He turned to look back. He was all soaked in water. He had a dark, bristly beard. His always carefully groomed were all a mess. "You came to heal my wound."

"mu- yes."

"Please sit."

Rupali awkwardly sat beside him and took his hand in her as she looked at the wound.

"It's just I fell from hill top."

"Do you have other injuries?"

"No."

"I just got my arms scraped on rocks."

"Any shoulder pain? Leg?"

"My ankle hurts a little."

She checked his ankle and started treating him.

"Lord?"

"Yes."

"Can I know where Lord Shiv is? He was posted before you."

"You don't know?"

"I haven't been in town for a while."

"A long while?"

"What?"

"He took retirement 6 months a ago."

"Retirement.. ok."

"So you live here with Man Uncle in palace?"

"I do."

"Your parents?"

"They too."

"It good that you do this work. And take so much risk. How long can you pull this? 2 identities?"

"I do it because I can. As long as I can I will."

"You actually do good work." They were a-flicker with curiosity over a genial smile

"Thank you."

"If you need my help. You can come to me."

"thank---you lord."

He smiled again and It was genuine just like his speech. 

.

.

.

next update on: 15/08/2022

vote.comment.share