chapter thirteen

"Sir," I said, walking into Ashton's office. He looked up, his eyes meeting mine. Ashton plugged his earbuds out of his ears, set his pen down and smiled up at me, hands intertwined and on top of his desk, "the Cosmopolitan shots are in. They need your approval on one of them and such. "

"Well, you're a girl, right?" He said, smirking as he basically stared me down from head to toe, "What do you think?"

I took the amazingly large envelope and opened it, as I pulled out the three pictures.

One of them was with Ashton with his hands in his pockets as he looked at the camera, a poker face expressed on his complexion. It was quite intimidating, but damn, he looked hot.

The second was with him doing the same pose, but instead of him staring at the camera, he was looking to the side, making his jawline more defined.

The third he was looking to the left, a grin on his face as he laughed. You could see in his eyes that he was happy, and he was even leaning forward, hands still in his pockets. That was my favorite.

But it was his job to choose, not mine. So I placed them on his desk and told him, "That's not my job, sir."

"Well, now it is," he said, standing up and walking all the way next to me so that he could look at the pictures.

Pointing at the one of him smiling, I told him,"That one."

"You wouldn't rather this one?" He placed his hand around my waist as he pointed at the one of him looking to the side.

"No, I'd rather you look happy than like that," I told him.

"Like what?"

"Hot," I chucked, making his grip tighten as he smiled. His lips came in contact with my cheek as I blushed, glad that I had closed the door once I came in.

"Were there only three pictures in the envelope?" He asked, his lips dangerously close to my ear.

"Um," I pulled away grabbing the envelope and finding that there was one more paper-sized picture.

It was me and Ashton, his arm around my waist as I looked up at him, smiling. He was looking down at me with admiration in his eyes. We both had wide smiles as I tried to push him away, but it didnt't work.

"Wh-What is this?" I asked, holding the picture in my hand as I stared at Ashton.

"Cosmo wanted a picture of us two together," he said, smiling down at the photo, "but they're not putting it in this edition. They're putting it in the next with their 'Best Non-Couples' article or something. "

"I like it," I giggled.

Ashton spun me a bit so that I was facing him, our lips were seconds away, eyes inter locked. He moved a strand of hair away from my face as he said, "I'm glad."

Once our lips were about to meet, Ashton sighed, puling away and leaving me hanging. He walked away from me, as if nothing had happened.

He placed all the photos in the envelope and kept the small one of us. As he stuffed the picture in his drawer, he spoke, "Please call them and thank them on my behalf. Also, pick up my lunch from the Deli."

"Yes, sir," I mumbled, all of the sudden, I was bummed out. Why the hell had Ashton pulled away?

"Oh, and Layla," he said, giving me a shred of hope that was quickly ripped from me, "are you thinking of going to Calum's party?"

"Yes, those were my intentions for tonight," I told him truthfully.

"Well, darling, change those intentions and get on Netflix because I don't want you to go there," he sternly said, sitting down on his spin-y office chair.

He couldn't tell me what to do once I was out of the office space. Who the hell did he think he was?

"Sure thing, Mr. Irwin."

--/--

Was I going to listen to Ashton?

Hell no.

I dressed up in a bright red dress that brought out my eyes (also, it was tight and short, a combination that i would never go for) and I had red lipstick on as well. My eye make up took forever, but it was near perfection. I was totally ready.

The party was being held at his apartment building and once I arrived in my car, my coat was taken off my shoulders. I took the elevator ride up with a few other people that claimed to have loved Calum back in high school. Sure.

As soon as I strolled into Calum's penthouse, I was glad I came. The party was buzzing, people were everywhere and as soon as you walked through the door a glass of champagne was given to you. It was a dream come true.

As I got more into the party, the more I realized how Gatsby-like it was. Everyone dancing, laughing, singing, and loving. It was like the night would never end.

I had a glass in one hand once I bumped into someone tall, Michael. "Layla!"

"Hey Michael," I said, trying to come off as nonchalant. It wasn't working out.

"How many drinks have you had?"

"How many hair colors have you had?"

"Too many to count," he chuckled, looking up at a strand of hair.

"Then there's your answer," I giggled, placing my hand on his chest.

"You should really get some sleep, Layla," Michael said, holding my hands in his lightly, as if I were a rag doll that he could break.

"Sleep is for the weak," I told him, as-a-matter-of-fact-ly.

"Then you'll be weak tonight cause you are going to bed," Michael chuckled, grabbing my hand and dragging me along as we looked for Calum so that I could sleep in one of his rooms.

I giggled and muttered a 'woo' as we made our way through the crowd. Michael just shouted apologies as we moved past people, seas of people. They were all moving to the sound of the beat, which was in correlation to their heartbeats.

Suddenly, I was pulled to a bar, closer to Michael so that I wouldn't get lost. And somehow in this exact spot, Ashton got a look at me, and he wasn't only surprised- he was mad.

He excused himself from his conversation and moved towards me. Michael, however, stepped in to talk first, "Hey, have you seen Calum; we need to use one of his rooms."

I will admit that the way he worded that sentence did make it seem like we were about to have sex. But eh, I wouldn't mind.

I giggled, muttering as I looked at Ashton," Hey Ashton."

"Did you just call me Ashton?"

--/--

Oof

whats gonna happen

i can tell you this

ashtons maaad

im sorry if i take a little while to update

as many of u kno im sorta getting dont printed since i won like a competition so

yeah i have to get like the cover done and its well its a mess

so ily all

VOTE AND COMMENT

xoxo gossip girl