Chapter 13

The sun shined through the window of Y/n's room as he watched Akeno's chest gently rise and fall. Softly gripping her brother's hand, she was in deep sleep after last night's events. The dealings with Nightmare scarred her for a little bit until Y/n and Suzaku was able to calm her down. With Akeno's room destroyed, they opted to use his room to sleep with Suzaku on Akeno's right side and Y/n on her left.

He stood awake the entire night as to make sure that bastard of a being didn't attempt to advance on her again. Every time Y/n would get up to do something in the middle of the night, Akeno would grip his hand tightly refusing to let go. He just watched her, listening to her slow shallow breaths.

Y/n:'That piece of filth. I'll hunt him down and regret ever doing that to her.' He thought. He noticed her eyebrows twitch a little bit as well as her breathing get heavier. He pulled her close and hugged her to calm Akeno down.

Y/n:'I need someone to help her, I can't do this on my own. Suzaku needs to go back to the clan so I can't rely on her. I can't trust Little Red either. Hmm, I wonder if that Silver-haired lady can help Akeno recover.' Internally thinking once more, he thought that the maid from earlier might be able to help Akeno cope with her trauma as she was really close to her in a way. Perhaps she was a school counselor or something but either way, Y/n needed her.

Y/n:'God forbid I can't keep you safe under my care. I can't let mother down, I'll protect you even if it means disobeying his orders. A small price to make for you, little sis...' He stroked her hair and stayed awake to continue his watch.

___________

Rias:"Huh? What do you mean Akeno can't come in today?" She asked while on the telephone. Kiba, Koneko, Issei, and a new member, Asia, all overheard her conversation.

Rias:"Well, will she be okay? I can help..."

Issei:"What do you think happened to Akeno?" He whispered to Kiba.

Kiba:"I can't say but it must be urgent if she isn't able to come to school today. It's rare for her to miss a day."

Asia:"Uhm, Issei, who's Akeno?" She asked him.

Koneko:"She's our senior and friends with Rias, that's why she worried. Kiba, get away from Issei, he might infect you too."

Issei:"Hey!"

Rias:"I see, I can certainly get in contact with her and send her your way. She specializes in many fields so please make sure Akeno recovers. Thank you." The phone was put down, ending the call.

She wondered what in the world could have hurt her so much to cause Y/n to become heavily protective of her and refuse anyone to see her. Nevertheless, this wasn't going to stop Rias as she wanted to see her friend as soon as possible. Even though she betrayed her trust not long ago, she still considered Akeno her best friend and that wasn't going to change. Rias made her way to where the others sat at and made and announcement.

Rias:"No contacts today and no leaflets will be passed out. We will go to Akeno's house and visit her to see what's wrong."

Koneko:"But I thought you two were at odds with each other?"

Rias:"We were but that was for another reason. I'm not going to ignore what troubles Akeno's going through right now. We'll wait for Grayfia and then make our way down there."

Asia:"Uhm, if it's healing then I can be of use to her. My sacred gear can be of great use to her."

Rias:"We'll use your ability when we need to so hold that off for now. He requested that Grayfia goes and try to figure out what's all wrong with her. Thank you though, Asia, I'm happy you're more than willing to help my best friend out."