CHAPTER 9

Daegu, South Korea

"WHY ARE YOU HERE AND WHERE'S YOUNG JAE?"
(Jae's Father)

"You don't have to know about Young Jae. And I'm done with this business."
(Sung Jae)

"What do you mean by this? Do you wanna face the consequences of you leaving this field?"
(Jae's Father)

"I don't care about myself. I will protect my brother FROM YOU! Do whatever you want!"
(Sung Jae)

Sung Jae left his father behind and stomped outside his house to his car. He started driving his way to Busan...

What will he think about his Hyung..? Is this right to keep my Lil bro in lies..? All the things that I've done are to protect him.

But...

It ended up taking many lives.

It ended up making things worse.

It ended up piling more reasons to hate me...

I don't care anymore... I don't care what he thinks about me anymore.

I don't wanna keep him away from the truth... He deserves everything and I'll bring it to him even if it takes my own life.

He got out of his car and called Young Jae...  It started to ring and eventually the call connected to Young Jae...

Call

"Hey Young Jae, I need to confess something right now.."
(Sung Jae)

"Hyung, we've just found that Hye Jin is not dead.. She has been taken and has been kept here in Busan. We've to get into this mansion which is near the-"
(Young Jae)

"WAIT! DON'T GO THERE! I-" *running sounds*
(Sung Jae)

Sung Jae realized that he was being watched by some random guys and started running as far as he can.

"Listen.. *huff* those mansions *huff* are John's.. and John would kill anyone who comes against his deals.. that place is dangerous... I've been trying my best to protect you till now *huff*  You must protect  yourself while I'm away.. *huff* I'm sorry-"
(Sung Jae)

*Beeeeeep*

"Hyung?"
(Young Jae)

Young Jae took his phone off his ear after hearing the beep... He glances toward his phone screen and has random thoughts drifting in his mind about the conversation he just had with his brother...

How does he know about John's mansion? What did he mean by he's sorry..? Why did he suddenly start running?
.
.
.
.
.
.

Is he alright..?

- To be Continued