CHAPTER 12

"Every choice is between survival and living in life.. the better choice is never defined "

Inside the girl's room, John's mansion, Busan

     The room is pitch dark excluding the people inside to track the time of the day. There was barely a dot of light that shows the insides of the room. Only a small Breeze can seep through the fragile skin of those who are being tied up.

     Struggling through the numbness, Hye Jin tried her best to open her eyes and keep herself as alert as possible. Every move of hers might be observed and they might give a shot if they found her awake. She barely felt the energy in her body. She knows that she won't be able to stand on her feet after her unsuccessful attempt of getting up.
     She felt the need to have warmth around her. She wanted to get out of the cold-floored room and feel the warmth of the outside world.
     She badly wants to cry on the shoulder that she wants to be on her side.
     She exhaled the heavy pain in her heart thinking of one person. The person whom she loved but never said it out.

     Maybe he would have protected me if we were together.. but.. does he love me back..?

     These thoughts broke her heart in the situation where she can't even cry out loud...

     Some noises interrupted her, bringing her back to her reality... 

"Check up on these girls and give them a shot if they seem awake"
(Worker from outside)

     She felt alarmed and acted dead to save herself from the numbness. She wants to survive.

     The dark room got a little bit of light while the sound of heels clicking against the ground echoed throughout the room. No other girl was able to realize that a person had entered the room. The woman started talking to one of the workers who were near her.

"Make sure that all girls are counted. The room has to be locked only by the boss. We need to change the code. Stay alert."
(Sarah)

Sarah unnie..? Is she..?

♧︎︎︎⌨︎♧︎︎︎

     "Make sure that all girls are counted. The room has to be locked only by the boss. We need to change the code. Stay alert."
(Audio chip 3)

   "So.."
(Taekwang)

"We still have a chance to save girls, I guess.."
(Nicole)

   "Most probably"
(Amaya)

Hongji joined everyone after organizing the ammunition gear.

   "I'm done with the weapons. Umm... We should equip ourselves based on our fighting skills."
(Hongji)

   "Since Amaya & Taekwang are skilled in shooting, they will handle these guns...

  "Young Jae will have daggers infused with a numbing drug since his style is long-ranged combat...

  "Nicole will have lighter weapons like a knife to protect himself & Young Jae will cover him up."
(Hongji)

  Luna thinks for a bit.

   "Hey! I'd like to make a weapon to use in long-range..!"
(Luna)

"If that's the case, you can take whatever equipment you want."
(Hongji)

   "What about me?"
(Minhyuk)

"Uhh... You... Don't need a weapon..."
(Hongji)

   "If we're done discussing, let's begin. We don't have much time left."
(Amaya)

➪ Time skip ➪

"According to the possibilities, we've 7 hours in our hands. Nicole & I made the plan. Let's initiate it."
(Taekwang)

   "I even made a backup plan just in case."
(Nicole)

"John isn't in the mansion. Let's go according to our plan. When things get bad, get out of the mansion & retreat to our van."
(Amaya)

     Everyone started towards the cargo vans which were ready to leave the place. The crew managed to maintain communication between the vans.

     Amaya & Taekwang, with some of the crew members, will be the head of communication with the people who be going inside the mansion. All wore their earpieces and checked their equipment for the last time.

     After they reached the mansion, Minhyuk led the position of the crew. The crew with strong skills & good stealth took the guards down silently in one go. Hongji and Luna took the way away from the front gate.
     Minhyuk disguised himself as the 'van guy' and went inside the mansion. Again, he had to go through the same way to room "O" while also giving information about the positions inside the mansion.

     Amaya is in charge of gathering information through the cameras attached to Minhyuk & Nicole. Taekwang was listening to what Minhyuk has been inputting.

"There's a room with more security than befor--"
(Minhyuk)

  "Oye, glasses guy! What the hell are you doing here now?? You had your bills out, right?"
(A nearby guard)

"I kinda lost my phone here and came to search for it. Mind giving a hand?"
(Minhyuk)

   "Damn bro.. let's have 3 guys to search for ya goddamn phone geez.."
(Guard)

     The guard with a couple more guards started searching for the phone while Minhyuk was taking in the surroundings and noticed a familiar young lady who was peeking outside the room from the other end.

   "You surely make things tough"
(Guard)

☕︎

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
"The deal's done." (John)

   John had a victory smirk on his face with the success of the deal which can give more profits for his new bases.

"Bingo!"
(John mumbled to himself)