8. "Blurring the lines"

Song: hunger Games Soundtrack.

'How could that whore find out where the shelter was? We've kept everything under the wraps...' Cole frustratedly sighs.

Y/n doesn't answer, she stares ahead. A million things going through her mind. She wonders of Alissa is even safe now. If they found that shelter then Steve's apartment would be even easier.

She lays her head in her hand while sighing. The stinging in her head gets more frequent with every second.

'Y/n did anyone else know about the bunker? Like could-'

'NO!' She harshly responds, they've been over this a hundred times at least. 'Stop asking me that...'

'I bet Justine will happily broadcast this over the news-'

Her head shoots up from his comment, the news. If Alissa sees it she will be scarred for life, god knows they don't blur things these days.

'I mean what do we even do? We don't have a plan but we need to do something... our old plan is useless now that we don't have the others..'

'Haven't you been freeing people from those camps?' Steve answers Cole and he nods in return. 'Yeah, but clearly that isn't enough...Justine needs to be stopped, for good...'

'So what? You want to kill her? Good luck with that..' Steve huffs. 'She's the best guarded person on this planet..'

'We need to play this via the media... we need support...' she suddenly speaks up. 'As long as we have people on our side, we have less enemies... we need to show everyone who she really is..Did you talk to Stark?'

'No he rescheduled last minute...' Cole answers and she nods.

She frowns when he turns away from her though, Jenny told her yesterday that he was meeting with Stark, if he wasn't there then where was he? He's acting strange and she doesn't like that one bit.

Steve catches onto her train of thought just as quick. He doesn't trust Cole at all, he makes a mental note to keep him at arms length. He looks her way and she looks his way, like they can read each others minds.

When Cole turns back to them, they look up at him again. He continues to babble on but Y/n can't get distracted from the mistake he just made.

'What do you think happened? I've never seen my sister like this..' Alissa whispers as she peeks from Peters room.

'I don't know, but given that she's latching into my brother while she profusely made clear she hated him, can't be good...' Peter pulls Alissa back into the room and closes the door.

'You didn't tell me what happened between them yet... all I know is his version..'

Alissa chuckles slightly at that, 'you really do want to be a journalist huh?' She mutters and he smiles at her. 'I do...'

'Y/n told me this before I went to meet up with you, as more of a cautionary tale... she told me she got send the text from him, saying she should meet him at point X.. so she got there and there was nobody at first, until the guards stepped out and well.. they beat her pretty bad...' she falls silent after that, remembering the screaming from her older sister that night.

'They had to carry her in, they laid her on the table and started treating her wounds but.. for some of them it was too late, they're going to scar pretty badly, like her eye..'

'That's horrible...' Peter breathes out in shock.

'He broke her that day, or so she believes.. that's why she was so hostile at first...she lost all trust in every stranger...'

'I think someone is trying to put her up against people with two of the same eyes... my brother fell hard for your sister, he wouldn't be capable of hurting anyone.. especially since our father helps others like you and Y/n..' He replies.

'You think someone is purposely trying to make her latch out and make the wrong moves?'

'I don't know for sure but it seems like it...maybe we should keep an eye on everyone...'

'That seems like a good idea...'

Suddenly there's a loud bang against the door. Peter and Alissa immediately turn their heads towards the sound.

'Shit...' she mutters as she immediately reaches for her bag and starts throwing stuff in. Peter does the same with his stuff.

They've been instructed by Y/n that if anyone is trying to catch them, they should be ready to run.

Steve walks by Peters room and everyone holds their breaths as he opens the door. 'Fucking hell dad, you could've knocked a little nicer... we thought they caught onto us already...'

Everyone blows out a breath of relief and Peter holds Alissa's hand as he opens the door. 'Hey dad..'

'Hey kid...' he smiles and Alissa frowns at the man. She recognizes him but is not sure from where.

'It's you...' Joseph breathes, he knows exactly who Alissa is, he remembers her as if he saw her yesterday.

He takes a step towards her. 'Hey!' Y/n comes between the pair and makes him step back.

'Oh thank god you're alive as well...' he immediately reaches for Y/n and takes her in his arms. 'I'm so glad you're okay..'

'Officer Rogers...' her eyes go wide in shock, her jaw going slack while she gawks the man in front of her. The man that saved her life.

Her grip on him tightens when she realized this is indeed the man that saved her and Alissa from getting captured. Tears leak from her eyes, with everything that happened in the last couple of hours, she's glad she sees a face that she knows she can trust.

He lets go of her before wiping her tears away. 'We should go, you'll be safer at our house...'

'And where is that exactly?' Cole asks.

'Just outside of the city, less patrols and less guards.. it's shielded away pretty good...' Joseph answers. 'We need to hurry, Justine has send out every police unit trying to find you...'