4. "You should know better"

Song: Aqualung ft. Kina Grannis - to the wonder.

Y/n's knuckles softly tap against the wood of Alissa's door. 'Alissa...can we talk?' She asks hopeful.

'Go away, you made it very clear you don't want me to go...' she mutters back to her big sister.

'That's not...' Y/n takes a breath to calm herself. 'Listen it's not that I don't want you to go...' Y/n walks in and sits down on the bed.

'Then what is it?!' Alissa lunches forward into a sitting position.

'Okay now hold on a damn second who are you yelling at..' Y/n interrupts her and Alissa crosses her arms and lets out an angry huff.

'I need to tell you something...' she takes a deep breath before taking Alissa's hands in hers. 'The reason I don't want you to tell him is because I know what's gonna happen if you do, because it happened to me too...'

'What are you talking about?' Alissa's eyebrows furrow as she scoots a little closer.

Hurt crosses Y/n's eyes as she gets reminded of that evening. 'I once felt the same way about someone and I acted just like you're doing...I fell in love and when I told him he completely freaked out... I was naive and it almost got me killed...'

'You?!....you loved a human male?' Alissa screeches at the top of her lungs.

Y/n rolls her eyes with a small smile plastered on her face. 'That's what you focus on.. out of everything I just said?'

'And then what happened?' She moves to the edge of the bed.

Y/n slowly points at the scar going from one side of the face to the other, through your eye.

'He didn't show up, the cops did, they used their weapon sticks to hit me down and one of those assholes used a knife to force me to the ground, making the cut...I just don't want that to happen to you...' one of her hands cups Alissa's cheek.

'You've gone through so much and I've gone through little to nothing, it's not fair how much you have to carry...' she replies.

'Life isn't fair...and I'm more than happy to do it, I made a promise that day...I promised mom that I would protect you no matter what...'

'I don't remember anything from that day...' she mutters.

'It's better that way... but anyway I've.. rethought some of it and.. you can go... but only if I come with...'

'You're not taking the gun. y/n..' she deadpans.

'It's precaution, and don't tell me what to do, it's my job to boss people around...' Y/n chuckles.

'And you're doing amazing sweetie...' Alissa quotes.

'I swear if this is another one of your pop culture references I'm taping up your mouth...'

'You know you love those references...'

'Correct..' Y/n chuckles as she hugs Alissa.

'Madam president, we have a lot of people who have concerns about the people disappearing from their homes, is there anything you can tell us?'

'Absolutely not, we have the situation under control, but caution is required from the people of New York..'

'Is there any connection between the rioting heathens and the people disappearing?'

'We think that the heathens might be taking families hostage, we believe they might have the people who disappeared...'

'this is a load of crap I'll tell you that...' Cole sits down next to a fuming Jenny.

'Then why are all the people that disappear registered as heathens Madame president?' The interviewer continues.

This question seems to catch the president of guard, she starts fiddling with her hands and glances the camera's way a few times, like she's trying to get someone to answer that question for her.

'Are you sure you're not responsible for the disappearing people?'

'Yes Justine, get flustered, make everyone see what a kind of hateful skank you really are...' Jenny grins as her eyes are trained on the tv in front of her.

'Knock it off there's a teenager sleeping next door...' Y/n walks in and shuts off the television.

'Hey!, we were watching that!' Jenny stands up.

'not anymore...' she replies and Cole stands up. 'I can't risk Alissa seeing that stuff...'

'She's 16...She turns 17 next week, don't you think she's old enough to know what's going on?' Cole asks carefully, knowing how Alissa is a very touchy subject.

'I don't want her to worry...' Y/n replies as she sits down on the couch.

'I think we should fight back...help set the thousands of people free from the camps where they give them treatments...treatments as in putting a bullet into their heads...' Cole suggests.

'That's not such a bad idea...' Jenny replies, thinking it through.

'We can set up some type of shelter nearby, save those people and at the same time give a huge middle finger to Justine...'

'Y/n what do you think?' Jenny turns to her sunken in her own thoughts.

'Y/n...' Cole repeats and she snaps back to reality.

'What do you think?' Cole asks.

'It's reckless, it's gonna draw attention, could cause chaos....I'd say we do it..' she replies, 'but before we do that, Alissa has a date tomorrow and I need to come with her in case it all goes to shit....so I'd rather do it later this week...'

'Sounds fair, we've only waited years do this, but I guess we could wait a little longer...' Jenny's salty reply makes  Y/n grin.

'Thank you for your consideration...you might wanna get that stick out of your ass...'

'Funny coming from the most uptight person I know...'

'There's a good reason for that, you've only lived this far because of me...' Y/n quips back.

'How are the injuries?' Cole asks.

She purses her lips and shrugs. 'Okay I guess..., my body looks like a damn oil painting but other than that I feel great...'

'I swear if I ever run into him I'll kill him for you...' Jenny huffs.

'Not necessary...I'll kill him myself...but anyway, we're gonna need help with the freeing...Cole..anyway you could pull some strings?'

'Could get some people to help...just leave that to me...' he smiles at Y/n