2. "Tear a family apart"

Song: Amber Run - I found

[NEW YORK, PRESENT DAY]

'You can't tell him Alissa!, you've already gone too far by hanging out with him!, it's too dangerous to tell him!'

'Why?, He won't call the police or hand me over!'

'And How exactly do you know that?!' Y/n pinches the bridge of her nose as she leans on the desk in front of her.

'Because He is different!' Alissa argues with her big sister.

'You're wrong, they're all the same when it comes to people like us!, they freak out...and get you arrested, and I can't risk it!' Y/n voice is firm, but Alissa doesn't plan on backing down.

'You're doing exactly what they do...you're saying every single one of them is the same...just like they say we are all evil...' Alissa's argument is a solid one, Y/n has to admit, but she won't let her off the hook so easily.

'This is gonna get you killed Alissa!'

'You're just jealous Y/n!' She retorts.

'OF WHAT?!, SOME BOY?, HE'S GOING TO SNITCH ON YOU AND I DON'T WANT TO BE THE ONE WHO TOLD YOU SO!' She slams her fist on the desk and gets up. 'I have a group to take care off besides you and I can't have this right now...so the answer is no, Alissa!'

Alissa flinches and Y/n immediately softens her posture when she sees her sister is about to cry.

'Ally...' her voice immediately soft.

'No it's fine...I...I'm gonna go to my room...' she chokes up and rushes out, Y/n hears the door slam closed seconds later.

She flinches at the sound and sinks down into a chair, reaching for the picture of Y/n, her mom, her dad and baby Alissa.

She lets out a frustrated sigh as she stretches her body, basically draping herself over the chair. 'Why is this so goddamn hard?' She mutters under her breath.

She rubs her eyes with the palms of her hands. She looks up and stares at the picture of the large group she's been leading since the beginning.

She started helping the people with the same faith as her, giving them shelter in the large abandoned bunker hidden in the woods outside of New York. It's basically invisible which makes it perfect for people to hide.

She fled here after escaping what seemed to be the ultimate hell. A camp where people like her would be rounded up, and executed on command. She remembers it like it was yesterday.

She was 16 years old when Y/n was playing with Alissa in the living room, they broke down the door and stormed in. Grabbed her mother and dragged her out like a rag doll, all while Alissa was panicking and screaming.

She was crying so loudly and all Y/n could do was try to calm her sister down.

'Grab the last two!' The guard yells and Y/n steps back while shielding Alissa.

'We haven't done anything to you!' Y/n protests as she takes another step back.

'Do you need any help there Rogers?'

'No I can handle them, go back to the truck and make sure the adults stay there...'

She slowly puts down Alissa and she looks at Y/n. She's still trying to calm herself down but the hiccups she lets out make it clear that she's failing at that.

'You need to make a run for it...can you do that?'

'What?' Y/n asks surprised as her eyebrows knit together.

'I don't want you two to get hurt, I'll try my best to get your mother out, but for now I need you to run..'

'You're helping us?'

'Yes...I try to help everyone out as much as possible, you don't deserve this...do you have any place to go?'

'Grandma..' Alissa speaks up and Y/n nods.

'Now go before they catch you!' He pushes them both out the back door and Y/n rushes to her motorcycle.

If it wasn't for that policeman, she would've been dead along with her little sister. She will never forget his face.

She grabs her helmet and put it on. She jumps on her motorcycle and Alissa joins. She wraps her arms around Her big sisters waist as she speeds off of the property and onto the road leading to the mansion their grandmother owns.

She can feel Alissa turning to look but Y/n stops her by opening her mouth.

'Don't look back.' She orders stern and her head shoots forward again, then she turns it and lays her head on Y/n's back as she holds on tight.

'Don't look back... those bastards aren't worth it..'

She didn't come all this way with Alissa, just for her to lose it all over some crush. They can't be trusted, she has the scars to prove that. No matter how sweet they look, how good they are with their words.. if they get the chance, they will screw people like Y/n and the others over.

All because of the perception that they're dangerous, that they can perform acts of magic. It's not even true but Justine managed to get the lie into the heads of the people considered normal.