the shift

after a few minutes, and once you've calmed down from the embarrassing situation that just occurred, Eddie comes out, wearing the same clothes he was wearing before. "i am so sorry for walking in like that, i should have knocked." Eddie laughs "it's all good, at least i had a towel covering me, right?", "yea that would've been much more embarrassing." you say while scratching the back of your head, you both laugh. "well i was coming in to let you know i have a shift at work in a little over an hour but you're welcome to stay here, Steve's will be going out later too, or if you'd like you can come in to work with me or just go out for the day, its completely up to you.", "oh okay well, i mean I'm still a bit shaken up, i dont really want to go out on my own and i dont really feel comfortable staying in your house on my own. so would it be alright if i tag along with you.", " yea absolutely, i wouldn't have offered if it wasn't.", you shoot him a reassuring smile. "well i better go shower and get ready and then we'll head out, yea?", "yea sounds good"

while you're in the shower you hear your bedroom door open. you yell out, "Eddie is that you?", "yea sorry i was just bringing you in a towel because i realised i stole yours, I'll leave it on your bed." he yells back from outside. "oh okay, thank you." you hear the door close again and you finish your shower and finish getting ready. you walk out to the living room and see Eddie sitting on the couch, patiently waiting. "you ready?" you ask. "yep!" Eddie replies enthusiastically as he pulls himself up off the couch. you guys walk out of the house and hop in your car. Eddie reaches over and turns over the radio, Abracadabra by Steve Miller band is playing, you start tapping your fingers on the steering wheel to the beat. Eddie lets out a small giggle, "what's so funny." you ask, looking over at him, your eyes meeting his. "nothing." he says smirk back at you. "hmm, okay.." you turn back and watch the road, soon you reach the store and park out back. "alright, come on." you both jump out of the car and head inside. Robin is standing inside watching the TV "hey Rob.", "hey y/n." she replies not looking at you yet, "have you seen the news?" she asks, turning around to face you. she jumps, "oh, uh hey Eddie, you scared the shit out of me, uh y/n, can i quickly talk to you.", she pulls you into the back room, "what's Eddie doing here, someone from our school was found dead in his trailer park and um his trailer was in the background, you know how that looks right?", "yea, but Eddie didnt kill anyone.", "and how do you know that.", "because i was with him last night, so i know he didn't.", "uh why were you with Eddie last night?" Robin asks smiling at you. "don't be weird, we were just hanging out, we watched a movie and went to sleep, anyway moral of the story, Eddie did not kill Chrissy.", "omg, it was Chrissy?", "yea, but don't bring it up around Eddie, its still a fresh wound.", "dont worry i wont."

you both go back out and see Eddie reading the blurb on the back of one of the films. you cough to get Eddie's attention before speaking "right, well Saturdays are usually our busiest day so feel free to put on a movie and chill out for a while.", "what, oh i mean i can help out if you want, i can stack the movies back on the shelves while you guys help customers.", "oh actually that would be really helpful." you show Eddie where each section is and how the order works. "alright thats basically it, if you have any questions just ask one of us, okay?", "okay thanks y/n." you walk back over towards Robin who's behind the counter. out of the corner of your eye you see customers walking in, although its not customers, its Dustin and Max. "hey guys-, wow are you guys okay?", "no, Chrissy was killed in Eddie's trailer last night." Max says, "yeah and we can't find him, so how many phones do you guys have?", Robin interjects, "2. 3 including Keith's out back but Eddie's right there." she says pointing to the fiction section where Eddie is working away. He looks up once his name is heard, "huh?", "Eddie?? what are, are you alright?" Dustin asks anxiously, walking over to Eddie, giving Eddie a hug, "uh yea, are you?", "no, i thought you were dead somewhere.", "aw, well thanks for the concern little dude but im alright." he pats Dustin's back, Dustin pulls back, "have you seen the news? people are starting to think you are a murderer.", you and Eddie glance at each other with disbelieving looks. "what? i can assure you Eddie is not a murder, these people need to stop jumping to conclusions.", "yea thats hawkins for you. but, well ill be honest, the reporters did not make it look good for Eddie.", "i think it helped that no one saw you come home last night." max adds. "thats because I didn't. i was with y/n last night, the police already came to talk to us this morning.", "well look, you really need to lay low because shits getting out of hand and its only gonna get worse." Dustin suggests. Eddie nods. "Max did you see or hear anything last night?" you ask. "well i heard this dog barking and went out to feed it, and i saw Chrissy pull up out front of Eddie trailer and she started knocking and waiting at the door but when i finished feeding the dog she was gone, i assumed Eddie had opened the door to let her inside.", "i must have left the door unlocked when i left before the D&D session because i certainly didnt let her in and my uncle would've been at work.", "well not everyone in town knows that so its best to just keep to yourself for a little while, be careful." Dustin says. the two of them turn to leave the store, "hey if you could swing by mine on your way back and let steve know you've spoken to me that would be good because he was going to go to the trailer park to talk to you max about this all.", "yea for sure." and they walk out and hop on their bikes and ride off. "well, shit.", "we better go straight home after this shift, like Dustin said, lay low." you say to Eddie, he nods in agreement and continues packing the movies away. you walk behind the counter and grab the newly returned films and put them back in the system before putting them away.

word count: 1159

ahhhh i have so many ideas for this story, writing this helps me forget the tragic events of the final episode. it's safe to say I'm not doing well but at least i know i'm not the only one. i hope you enjoyed this chapter, it's a bit bland but im trying to give as much background info as possible as its not going to stick exactly to the events of the show as Eddie isnt going into hiding and stuff but we'll see where it goes :))