the first vision

Max speaks to you from the front but you don't hear her because you're still thinking about Eddie, are you developing a crush on him? no, you couldn't be. you're just worried about him, yea, that's all. "y/n?" Steve says, looking at you through the rear-view mirror. "hmm? sorry i wasn't listening." Max repeats herself "i was just checking if you were alright, you've been so quiet this whole ride.", "oh im fine. but why exactly are we breaking into the school?", Max starts explaining, "well, after we caught up with Nancy, we came up with a theory that this is all connected to the upside-down.", "yea we think its like a curse, like vecna." Dustin buts in. "from D&D?" you and Eddie ask in sync. Dustin nods his head, "yea, well, uh we kinda went to go see Ms Kelley, and i may or may not have stolen the keys to her office to check out some of the files.". "what? are you crazy?", "i know, i know. but it's too much of a coincidence to not be linked to Chrissy's death, there's gotta be something there that's going to help us figure this out."

you guys arrive in the school parking lot, as you exit the car Eddie releases your hand and holds the door open for you to get out and you guys all walk over to the school building and enter. "i don't like being at school during the day, but it's even more creepy being here at night." Eddie says. as Eddie finishes his statement Robin's voice echoes out of the walkie-talkie. "Dustin, do you copy?", "Yeah, i copy.", "so, Nancy's a genius. Vecna's first victims date back all the way to 1959. her shot in the dark was a bull's eye.", "okay, thats totally bonkers, but I can't really talk right now.", "wait what are you doing?" you butt in, "you didnt tell Nancy and Robin about your plan?", "wait Y/n's there?" Nancy's voice echoes in the back, "yes, y/n and Eddie are both here now and we're kind of like breaking and entering into the school to retrieve some confidential and extremely personal files.", "uh, can you repeat that?" Robin asks, "just get your ass over here, stat. we'll explain everything" Dustin pushes down the antenna on the walkie-talkie as Max jams the key into the door and starts unlocking Ms Kelley's office.

the five of you enter the room, Max immediately walks to the filing cabinet and Dustin breaks the silence, "its like a mini watergate in here, hawkinsgate." "didn't those guys get caught?" Steve asks. Max interrupts, "holy shit." you rush over and peer over her shoulder. "you found it?" Steve asks. "yeah and not just Chrissy's file. Fred was seeing Ms Kelley too." Max sits down at the desk and starts reading Chrissy's file, you notice a concerned and puzzled look appear across her face, "can i see Fred's file?", "yea of course." you pick it up and hand it to her, shining your flash light on the page. she goes silent as her eyes flicker back and fourth as she examines the page. then suddenly she's sat eerily still, staring down at the pages, in the time she was doing that, Nancy and Robin come running in the room. Dustin starts shaking her shoulder and you and Steve start shouting her name. then, almost as if someone pressed resume, she shot back to herself, she let out a small gasp, startling you all. Eddie latches on to your wrist. "Max! are you alright?" she lifts herself out of the chair and walks down the hall, you all follow her. "it was right here." Max exclaims, "a grandfather clock?" Nancy asks, "it was so real, and then, when i got closer, suddenly i just.. i woke up.", "it was like she was in a trance of something." Dustin adds. "that's not even the bad part." Max says lowly. "it gets worse?" Eddie says.

Max starts walking back to the office and you all follow, standing around the desk, " Fred and Chrissy, they both came to Ms Kelley for help. uh, they both were having headaches, bad headaches that wouldn't go away. and then.. then the nightmares. trouble sleeping. they'd wake up in a cold sweat. and then they started seeing things. bad things. from their past. and these visions, they just, they kept on getting worse and worse until eventually.. everything ended.", "Vecna's curse." you, Robin and Eddie say in sync. "Chrissy headaches started a week ago, Fred's six days ago. I've been having them for five days." you cover your mouth with your hands, in total disbelief. "I don't know how long i have. all i know is that for Fred and Chrissy, they both died less that 24hrs after their first vision. and i just saw that goddamm clock, so.. Max lets out a deep sigh, the room feels like all the oxygen and sound had been drained from it, the only thing you could hear was your heart beat in your ears, suddenly Max's voice can be heard again, "looks like im gonna die tomorrow." a tear rolls down your face, Eddie notices and wraps his arm around your shoulder, pulling you into a side hug. suddenly a loud screechy noise echoes through the hall. Steve starts quietly walking to the door and grabs a lamp as a weapon, "you guys stay here.", "absolutely not" you protest, "im coming out there with you." you grab a large bulky flash light off the corner of the desk and follow Steve out into the corridor. "dude, can you walk quieter, your steps are so loud." you whisper to him, "shh, your talking is so much louder." the rest of the guys walk out of the office and fast, heavy footsteps start quickly approaching, you and Steve tightly clench your 'weapons', ready to swing, but Lucas runs around the corner, causing all of you guys to start screaming. "it's me!" he exclaims, "Sinclair?", "Lucas?", "Jesus what is wrong with you?", "i could've taken you out with this lamp!", he's very out of breath and looks like hes in pain, "sorry i was just biking for eight miles, just give me, give me a second. shit."

"we've got a code red, ive been with Jason, Patrick and Andy, and Jason is pissed after his encounter with y/n and eddie, he thinks they both had something to do with Chrissy's death, they're coming after you both.", "are you actually kidding me, that guys need to get a bloody grip." you say, "well you guys should definitely lay low for a bit, hes gone off the rails, and hes on the hunt." Lucas states, you look at Eddie, who's already looking at you. "i know a place where we can lay low for, its a cabin near Lover's Lake, my buddy owns it, hes not there right now and he'll be fine to let us stay for a couple days", "okay great, well that sucks and all but we have bigger problems then Jason right now." you guys all look toward Max, "we should be getting out of here." Steve says. "we can go back to mine." Nancy says. you all exit and get in the cars, "Eddie and i will head back to the house and grab some overnight supplies." Steve throws you a walkie-talkie, "tell us when you guys get there and please for the love of God, stay safe." you nod and get in Nancy's car. her and Robin drop you guys off, "please look after yourselves and let us know if anything goes wrong.", "will do, same goes for you guys." you two hop out of the car and quickly grab some clothes and food and hop in the car and head to the cabin.

word count: 1319

alright another part is complete, i hope this all makes sense so far and i'm trying to not make it super long but also trying to make it a good story so i hope you're enjoying it. :))