002

"I'm home!"

I announced as I took off my shoes and placed my bag on the floor. I just got home from school and it's already 7:00pm. I sighed.
Katatapos lang ng pictorial namin para sa graduation bukas, and I must say it's so tiring.

"Go and wash up, kakain na tayo pakatapos mo" My mom said from the kitchen. I gazed at our home, my dad is watching TV, my sister is on her phone laid down on the couch, and my younger brother is playing Legos near her. Nothing new, so I went to my room to get myself washed up.

At dinner, my family were talking about where I would go to college. It wasn't so nice of a topic though.

"It doesn't matter where she goes, dito nalang ulet sya mag-aral, it'd cost a lot if she were to go to the capital." My dad said.

'No, not here' I thought, I didn't want to be left out, all my friends will be leaving to pursue their dreams somewhere! I wanted to go to the capital and study there.

"Hon, matalino naman anak natin! She can get a scholarship and plus it doesn't cost much if she studies in the capital. And my sister is willing to let her stay at her house for the time being" My mom argued. Nakita kong kumunot ang noo ni Dad, however mom is not giving up. "I'm saying let her enroll to Darwin Oak Academy."

My eyes lit up as I heard that name, it's always been my dream to go there! Sabi ko na, alam talaga ni Mom ang gusto ko. Oh I really hope dad changes his mind.

The conversation ended there as my dad gave a scoff as an answer. Kasalukuyan akong nakahiga, hindi kona alam ano mangyayare saakin. I sighed deeply as I felt really disappointed.

As I was scrolling down my phone, a message notification popped up, it's from my friends.

: Hey! I just got a shocking news, mag online ka @xxx!

Seeing my name got mentioned made me catch my attention. So I opened the group chat.

: Ano?
: I heard xxx is going to college at Darwin Oak Academy! Diba doon ka din mag-aaral? This must be fate!

As I read his name together with my dream university I was so surprised my body automatically stood up. My long time crush, the apple of my eye, is going to DOA. I didn't know how to react. I'm so happy for him and very excited but at the same time I feel defeated because there is no assurance I will attend that school too. I aggressively sat down on my bed as I run the thoughts on my mind.

"Won't I go to DOA too? My mom wants me there. But Dad doesn't, do you think he will change his mind? Pero gusto ko doon at saka nandon din SIYA. What should I do, I'm so excited but I'm not even sure if I will study there. Will dad approve if I threaten him that I'd run away from home? No that's absurd. But I really want to be there. But--"

I tried thinking of solutions and excuses but nothing seemed to be reasonable. I groaned, here goes another big reason why I like that academy! The guy I literally admire is there! Yung lalaking tinulungan ako maglinis pakatapos ako iwan nung ibang cleaners. The guy who would pet the stray dogs, the guy who lifts and play with his baby sister, the guy who I always see doing the groceries with his mom, the guy who goes to church, the guy who likes skateboards. Ackk the guy who makes me excited!

A lot of thoughts were flooding inside my brain and I just know this is going to be dangerous. This usually happens when I'm super excited but can't do anything, then it leads me to be very indecisive.

With that, I thought of something. I can't let this go just like that, wala na ako pake kung ayaw ni Dad mag-college ako sa capital, I will live with no regrets! Final! Aamin ako. I heard he will be leaving the day after graduation, and I don't have time because the event will happen tomorrow! I'm doing it right now!