005

Her POV

"Be careful"

I told him as I assisted him in riding the canoe at medyo madilim pa kasi gabi na. Dalawang gasera lang ang nagsisilbing ilaw saamin dahil medyo malayo yung main house sa lake.

"Sigurado ka bang ayos ka lang? Aren't you cold? Bukas nalang kaya tayo?"

"No, I can do it. And it's more beautiful to ride the canoe at night. Isa pa, siguradong maraming tao na dito bukas."

He told me as he smiled sweetly. How can I say no to him? Tama nga naman, panigurado dudumugin ng turista ang lugar na ito bukas lalo na at Sunday. I know he wishes for a private intimate time for me. For us. And even though my brain is full of worry, my heart wants to just follow him and be with him. Anything that would make him happy and contented, I'm willing to do anything for this man.

Simula highschool kami ay marami na siyang naitulong saakin, at kailanman ay hindi sya humingi ng kapalit. He loved me and took care of me no matter the situation, he was always the one who understands and takes everything in a positive light, and he's also the man who I loved dearly.

"We can stop here, love"

Tumigil na ako sa pagsasagwan at tumabi sakanya. I fixed the oil lamp hanging at the end of the canoe and snuggled beside him. We're currently lying down with each other under the thick comforter while the canoe is swayed by the calm waters. Buti nalang kasya kami haha.

"How are you feeling?" I asked him.
"I feel nice. I'm happy" He answered as he closed his eyes and sighed in content.

I looked up at him. Sa nagdaang mga buwan, one can notice how much he lost his weight, but you can still see how much handsome he is. His curly hair rested against his forehead, eyelashes kissing against the skin under his eyes, his imperfectly perfect nose, and his plump lips that's currently formed into a smile. A smile that causes a small wrinkle on his lower cheek. I giggled to myself, hanggang ngayon hindi ako nagsasawa pagmasdan sya.

He heard me and opened his eyes. And there, my favorite part of him, his eyes that reflect what's in front of him. As he opened them, I could see the stars reflecting against his pupil, it's like there's a whole galaxy in him. And from the stars he looked at me.

"What is it?" He asked smiling and hugged me even tighter.
"Nothing. You're just too beautiful" I told him as I hugged him back tighter.

Small laughter and our wildly beating hearts filled the lake of Gangwon. Two bodies hugging each other as if the warmth and size of the canoe is not enough. Sticking to each other in a way that our souls would intertwine and dance. No one dares to let go, not one heart and mind wanting this moment to end. Just as this lake will lead to the vast ocean, our love for each other will only get bigger and deeper.

"Nakikita mo yong bituin na iyon?" Sabi niya sabay turo sa kalangitan.
"Polaris." Sambit ko sa pangalan ng bituin na tinuro niya.
"Polaris, it's the brightest star and it's the only one holding still while the other stars and northern sky moves around it."

Paliwanag niya, napatulala naman ako sa Polaris at di ko mapigilang mamangha. It's the only star that stays in its position.

"And because it's the brightest star in Ursa Major, nagsisilbi din itong gabay para sa mga mandaragat." Pakatapos niyang sabihin iyon, tumingin siya ng deretso saakin.

"Let's be each other's Polaris"

Kumabog ng malakas ang aking dibdib dahil alam ko kung ano ang gusto niyang iparating. Just like how Polaris shine the brightest, how it stays at its position no matter what, and how it guides the sailors. He wants us to be strong and be each other's guide through the darkness. Biglang may namuong luha sa mga mata ko at di ko mapigilan ang umiyak.

I didn't want to think about it. I only wanted this moment to be about us only, I didn't want to ruin it. But no matter how I try to forget, I can't hide the fact that this will soon be gone. This memory will both be beautiful and painful to look back on.

"I can't let you go" I whispered to him through my tears and hiccups. He held my head and kissed my forehead. A tear also slipped out of his eye and tried to look me in the eyes.

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry I'm not strong and healthy enough to stay. I'm sorry I can't live with you for long." Hindi na rin niya napigilan ang pagbuhos ng kanyang luha at niyakap nalang niya ako ng mahigpit.

4 months ago, he was told he only had 8 months left to live due to glioblastoma multiforme. We held our breath throughout the discussion we had with the doctor. I wasn't the one who's sick but I felt lifeless thinking that the man I'm holding tightly right now will soon become someone I miss. Missing too much but can't do anything aside from remembering memories with him, magtatyaga sa mga alaala at litrato na kailanman hindi na mababalikan at mararanasan muli.

"When I'm gone, you can cry as much as you want. But don't grieve for me for too long, don't cry too much, and don't hold unto our memories too tight. Please continue being the amazing woman you are now and find happiness, even if I can't be with you. I want you to be strong and shine the brightest as you go on your life. And I'll be beside Polaris looking at you as I guide you through the darkness."

He wiped away my tears as I did the same for him. Panandaliang pinagmasdan namin ang mga mata ng isa't isa na para bang mas magandang tingan iyon kesa sa mga nagkalat na bituan sa langit. Ang mga matang saksi sa magagandang alaala at damdamin para sa isa't isa.

"Mahal kita."

"Mahal din kita"

Words that none of our hearts and lips will get tired to scream. With the time that's left, we'll make sure that we let each other know about the love that fill our bodies. Make more beautiful memories to carry even across afterlife. In order for our tearful goodbye be accompanied with a smile.

Date: June 27, 2022
Time: 11:30 PM
Idea: Imagination while washing the dishes XD
Inspiration: N/A