𝐋𝐞𝐭'𝐬 𝐆𝐨 𝐅𝐨𝐫 𝐚 𝐑𝐢𝐝𝐞//𝐏𝐞𝐭𝐞 "𝐌𝐚𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐜𝐤" 𝐌𝐢𝐭𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐥𝐥

Let's Go For a Ride//Pete "Maverick" Mitchell 

Movie: Top Gun (1986)

Warnings: None. No spoilers for the movie mentioned above. 

A/n: This request was from -beautybooks. Thank you so much for this request. You gave so many details that really helped me create this imagine. I loved this idea so much. I really hope you like it!

1986

To say that your day was awful, would be a complete understatement

To say that your day was awful, would be a complete understatement. Everything that could have possibly gone wrong at work, went wrong, which left you completely exhausted. There seemed to be no end in sight to the endless amount of hindrances in your day, so when the end of your shift finally came around, you wasted no time rushing straight home to decompress.

After finally eating a full meal for the first time that day, you stepped outside into the warm California air to catch the last few hours of the evening sun before it's decent beyond the horizon. As the soft breeze blew softly through your hair, you tried your best to get over the stress of the day that you had. That is until you suddenly heard the faint sound of an engine in the distance. However, it wasn't just any engine; you recognized the familiar roar of that one and only Kawasaki GPZ900R, letting you know exactly who it was. Soon, you saw the sight of the fearless brunette riding straight into your view before he stopped right in front of your house.

"I thought I might find you here," Maverick said, flashing his signature grin. You gave him a weak smile and wave in return causing him to seem concerned. "What's the matter?"

"Ahh, I had a pretty bad day...," you said, letting out a deep breath. He took off his sunglasses and gave you a sympathetic smile. He seemed to be deep in thought before he held out his hand to you.

"Come on...let's go for a ride," he suggested, giving you a hopeful look as you thought over his proposal. You had only gone on a ride with him once before, and it hadn't been too bad. But at this point, you were willing to do anything to alleviate the stress of the day that you had.

"Okay," you said, deciding to go along with it and taking his hand. He put up the kickstand once you were seated comfortably behind him, before he took off from your house, causing you to wrap your arms tight around his waist.

After a few moments of getting used to the thrilling feeling again, you soon felt as free as a bird. There was open land in front of you both; land that seemed to travel on for miles. The descending sun sent hues of pink and orange over the horizon, creating a beautiful glow across the sky. The feeling of the wind blowing through your hair brought a beautiful calming feeling to your senses, seemingly allowing the stress of your day to finally roll off your shoulders.

Only as Maverick pulled back up to your front porch, did you notice the time that had passed. The moon was now fully risen, and the stars in the night sky were out to play. As you dismounted the bike, you smiled down at Maverick who stared at you curiously.

"What?," he said, letting out a small laugh. You just shook your head with a smile, before placing your hand on his shoulder and leaning in to place a soft kiss on his cheek. When you pulled away, he stared at you with an expression of pure bliss and slight confusion. "What was that for?," he asked.

"For making me feel better. For being so good to me," you responded, your hand still resting on his shoulder. A wide grin spread across his face and a slight blush crept up on his cheeks. He nodded his head as he took in your appreciation. Soon a comfortable silence fell between you both as you stood there together.

"Goodnight, Maverick," you said, placing an emphasis on his call sign. He seemed to smile at that as he always did.

"Goodnight, y/n," he responded. You smiled at him, as you turned on your heel and headed into the house, thankful that Maverick had helped you forget about your bad day, and leave all of your stress behind. 

A/n: "Highwayyyyy to the danger zoooonnnneee!!!!" LOL, I couldn't help myself...