𝐂𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐍𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭//𝐌𝐢𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐞𝐥 𝐄𝐦𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐨𝐧

Creature of the Night//Michael Emerson

Movie: The Lost Boys (1987)

Warnings: Slight spoilers for the movie mentioned above.

A/n: This one is for kaiconic. Hope you like it : )

1987

The faint noise of excited screams could be heard in the distance, followed by the flashing lights and roar of the boardwalk coasters

The faint noise of excited screams could be heard in the distance, followed by the flashing lights and roar of the boardwalk coasters. You stared out every so often, as you finished straightening up the picked over shelves of the comic book store. Suddenly, the resounding noise of the telephone rang throughout the small space, bringing you out of your thoughts. You walked over with a sigh, picking up the phone. Before you could even speak, a voice came blaring through the receiver.

"Y/n? Is that you?!," a familiar voice shouted. Within a few seconds you recognized it to be Sam Emerson's voice. He frequented the comic book store while you were working, not to mention you had also befriended his older brother Michael after their move to Santa Carla.

"Sam? Yeah, it's me. What's going on?," you asked, waiting to hear what all the fuss was about.

"It's Michael! He's...," he trailed off as if he were unsure if he should continue. "He's a vampire!..."

You sucked in a breath at his words, nothing but silence on your end of the phone. Slowly, you turned, looking out of the window, scanning the crowd of people flowing by. Soon enough your eyes landed on just the group of people you were looking for: David and his friends.

"Y/n?! Are you still there?," Sam asked, panic in his voice. You closed your eyes, and shook yourself out of the shock.

"I'll be right over," you replied. Within a matter of minutes, you found yourself locking up the store in a hurry, and driving as fast as you could in the direction of the Emerson household.

There were tales told around Santa Carla, and not the kind that anyone would believe. But ever since you were younger, you always knew anything was possible. David and his group of biker friends were most of the time what fueled your interest in the subject; that and the Frog brother's constant, secretive chatter about all things vampire related. Now, Michael was just what you needed to confirm your suspicions. Only, you wished it didn't have to be someone you care for.

Ringing the doorbell to the Emerson house, you tapped your foot anxiously at the thought of Michael really being a vampire. Sam answered the door, panic written all over his face, as he grabbed your wrist to drag you inside.

"Thank god you're here! My own brother! Just like the comic book says! A creature of the night!," he screamed, running around in circles.

"Where is he?," you asked, trying your best to calm him down.