Chapter 3

"Hey baby" Elena said opening the door for miranda.

"Hey mama" Elena could tell her daughter just stopped crying because her eyes were puffy and red and she kept sniffling. Ben and miranda walked in and sat down on the couch.

"So uhh Mrs Bailey how you been holding up" ben asked putting his hand across Miranda's shoulder and holding her hand.

"I'll be doing better in maybe about 2 months or never" she was about to start crying again "I don't think I can live without the love of my life.

"Baby what about you" Elena asked miranda, miranda sat up and looked down at her hands.

"I don't know, I'm just going to go lay down. Ben can you bring the bags upstairs please" she said standing up and walking to her room.

"Do you want to go see him" ben asked, laying down behind miranda and wrapping his arms around her waist.

"Uhm maybe tomorrow, I'm just going to take a nap for now" she said turning over and putting her face in his chest. He kissed her forehead and soon heard light snoring

The next morning miranda woke up Ben wasn't behind her anymore. She reached over for him but his side of the bed was cold—he hadn't been in it for a while. She threw the covers back and got out of bed. Walking downstairs she seen Ben walk from out the kitchen to the living room.

"Morning baby" he said as she walked into the living room.

"Morning" she folded her arms around her body and sat down next to him. She leaned into him and asked, "where's my mom?"

"She went down to the funeral home to pick out a casket."

"Casket?!, did she even consider my feeling or opinion."

"Why do you mean"

"I didn't want him to be buried I wanted him to be cremated." He stayed quiet, he knew this was going to be a argument between the two later on.

"Oh." He said, They both heard the front door open and close.

"Morning" Elena said hanging up her coat and keys.

"Why didn't you ask me?!" Miranda's stood up

"Miranda what are you talking about"

"Why didn't you ask me on my opinion on him getting buried."

"Well I think he should get buried, what do you think about the" she folded her arms

"No, I think he should get cremated"

"Well I'm the wife I call all the shots and make all the decisions." She walked away to her room before Miranda could get another word out. Miranda stormed off to her room slamming the door. Ben was about to open the door until he heard glass shattering. He heard it again and moved his hand from the door knob.

"Ah" miranda took the flowers that Ben had bought her when he asked her to prom out the vases. She threw them one by one at the wall "ah"

"Miranda-

"Ah" more glad shattering, he walked away and went to sit on the couch. After a few seconds he heard silence. Slowly getting up he walked back to her bedroom and lightly knocked on the door.

"Miranda can I come in" he asked softly, the response he got was crying for her. He reached for the door knob and slowly opened it. He peeked in and seen her balled up on the floor crying, her back to the wall. He grabbed his shoes from besides the bed and put them on before walking on the glass slow and steady. He sat down next to her making sure there was no glass under. He pulled her into him and let her cry.

"Ben"

"Yes baby?"

"I don't think this is going to work at the moment"

"What do you mean"

"Us" she sat up and stared him in his eyes "I don't think I can be with you at this time of my life."

"Miranda I-

"No ben, I don't want you to see me like this. I need to heel and I'll think about a relationship. I'm going to be too busy holding myself together with tape and glue to consider a relationship. Your going ti be to much for me." he stayed quiet and listened. Even though he disagreed to the third extent with her , he let her explain.

"I wouldn't want no one to go through this with me, I can just deal with it by myself and be alone."

"I disagree" he said folding his arms "I want to be with you through this. I don't want to leave your side and make you seem like your alone with all of this. When I got with you i made a mental promise to myself that I wouldn't leave your side no matter what and I would be with you for the rest of my life, through thick and thin."

"I'm sorry Ben I just think it would be best if we have a sabbatical from those relationship."

"A sabbatical!?, Miranda's this relationship isn't a job, you can't just step out and take a break." he stood to his feet.

"Ben please don't fight with me on this."

"How do you expect me not to fight you on this. I'm fighting for our relationship"

"I'm not ending this, It's just a temporary break. Do you understand that, it's just temporary."

He blew out a breath and put his hands on top of his head. He paced back and forth stepping on small pieces of glass.

"Fine, I'll sleep on the couch and when we get back to UW I'll ask for a transfer. When we you want me to come back let me know" he said before leaning down and kissing her on her forehead. He put his index finger under her chin and lifted her head. He wiped her stray tears and started into her eyes.

"I love you" he got back up and walked out of the room. Miranda blew out a breath of frustration and started crying again.

She heard a knock on the door and stayed silent.

"Mandy?" Her mom said opening the door "what happened in here, what was all that noise" her mom asked looking at the broken pieces of glass on the floor.

"Nothing mama" she leaned her head on the back of the wall. "And if you want to bury him...I'm fine with it" Elena sat down on the ground with her avoiding the glass and pulled her daughter into a hug. Miranda's silently cried until she started dozing off. She pulled away and went to lay down. Elena went to get the broom and dustpan to get up the glass.