Chapter 10

Miranda was in her last month of pregnancy, soon to pop any day. She wasn't experiencing morning sickness that much anymore, it was time to time. She still dealt with the basics of being pregnant. Now what she really hated and that caught her off guard was the Braxton hicks. She knew it would come sooner than later but it hit her yesterday for the first time and it was hell.

She was now getting ready for school with Ben. She brushed her teeth and he stood behind her doing the same. They took a shower together then got out and got dressed.

She took bens black jacket and put it on

"You ready?"

"Yeah." She grabbed her stuff and they were out the door.

"You okay?" Ben asked seeing the look of discomfort on Miranda's face.

"Yeah."

"You sure?"

"Mhmm just another cramp." She groaned kneading it out her back.

They were in math and another contractions hit miranda. She breathed in and out to sooth the pain but it got worse by the second.

"You okay?" Her friend Michelle asked.

"Yea-  

They both heard something liquid like hit the floor.

"Ahhh, go get Ben hurry!" Michelle looked behind them and Ben was sitting two rows up. He was talking to one of his buddies about something because he usually would be sitting next to miranda. She got up and rushed up the stairs to Ben.

"Ben, Ben!"

"Mrs Cardova!" The teacher yelled. "Is there a problem?" Michelle looked at the teacher then back at Ben.

"Ben her water broke."

"What!" He rushed down the steps to Miranda's seat. 

"What are you guys doing?" They ignored the teacher.

"Come on baby." Ben helped her up and slowly walked to the steps then down.

"We have to go sir." Everyone was watching as Ben and Michelle helped miranda out the room. They had to keep taking breaks as she bent over.

"Do you want me to call administration?"

"No, we're good. Michelle can you go to my car and pull it to the front?" Michelle grabbed the keys and ran to his car.

"Ok baby we're almost there."

"Ben I'm not ahhhhh going to make it." He stopped and picked her up bridal style, walking the rest of the way. Once they got to the car Michelle drove as Ben comforted miranda. He told her to drive to Seattle grace.

"Ok baby in and out."

"Benjamin I know you see me breathing!"

"Yeah quick as hell, slow the breaths down:" she did as told and the contractions settled down for a second before another one hit. "Ahhhhhhh!"

"Ok miranda we're almost there." Michelle said taking a left turn. Ben was making sure to keep track of how far apart her contractions were. Michelle pulled to the back where the ambulance drive in.

"I'll got get a wheel chair." Ben helped miranda out the car and Michelle came back with a wheel chair and Dr. Webber following. She sat in the wheel chair and Ben rolled her in.

"You know what floor to go to." Richard said behind them. "I'm going to page a doctor and have them in your room as soon as possible." Ben nodded and rolled miranda into the elevator with Michelle on his heels.

THREE HOURS LATER

Miranda was 7 centimeters dilated and going through hell. Ben had asked Michelle to go to the dorms to get the bag they prepared and Callie and Arizona came since school was out.

"Ok miranda, do you want to get on the ball or walk around?" Callie asked.

"Neither, I'm going to sleep." She was trying and trying but she was to uncomfortable. After 20 minutes she was asleep. Ben felt more at ease because his heart rate was through the roof seeing miranda in such distress.

"I'm back." Michelle said walking in.

"Thank you so much."

"No problem."

"So Callie is everything set up?"

"Yep."

"Hopefully she would like the idea, there kinda is no going back."

"Right."

TWO HOURS LATER

"Ok you're 10 centimeters dilated, you know what that means." Dr. Chatman stated.

"Yes."

"Alright when I say push you push." Miranda nodded and propped her legs open wider.

"One...two...three."

"Ahhhhhhhh." She was holding Ben's hand on one side and Callie's on the other.

"Stop." She panted, throwing her head back.

"Ok again."

They were five pushes in and miranda was over it.

"I can't do it, it hurts so bad."

Ben got on the bed behind her and she laid back into his chest. "You got this baby."

"Push!"

"Ahhhhh." Ben leaned forward with her every time she pushed.

"Ok one more push and your baby boy will be here."

"You ready baby?"

"Mhmm." She took a deep breath before taking her last and final push. "Ahhhhhhughhhhhh." The baby screeched and cried loudly as he came out, introducing himself to the world. Dr. Chatman turned to clean him while miranda caught her breath.

"Here you go."

"He's so cute." Arizona cooed, she's always had a soft spot for babies and little kids.

"Hi little one." Miranda rubbed his cheek.
"He has your nose." She said to Ben.

"Sure does, but he has your eyes. I just know I'm going to be doing whatever he wants." They laughed.

"So you really want to name him after me?"

"I do."

"Alright one more thing." Callie said sitting up straight.

"What?"

"So me, Ben, and Arizona all saved up enough money, since we all have jobs. We have been saving for a while now but Ben had been saving since Before you guys graduated and we chipped in."

"Ok what is it?"

"We got an apartment."

"You guys what?!"

"Yeah."

"I don't believe you."

"We did."

"Let me see it then." Callie pulled out her phone and showed her.

"It's a two bedroom two bath. We all will be putting into the bills besides you since you won't be working."

"You guys really bought an apartment?"

"Yeah." 

"But we- well me and Ben have a child to raise. Having a kid, school, and a job is to stressful. What if we-

"Babe calm down. I got us ok?"

"Ok."

"Thank you guys."

"Your welcome."