Chapter 7

Miranda was now 4 almost fine months pregnant

Ben helped miranda up onto the doctors table. They were coming to find out the gender of the baby.

"What do you want it to be." Miranda asked laying down.

"It don't matter to me as long as my baby is healthy." He said then the doctor walked in.

"Good morning Ms.." she looked at the chart "Bailey."

"Morning." Her and Ben said.

"Alright we're here to check on this little one." She pulled up a chair and sat down.

"Yes and we want to find out the gender."

"Alright." She put the gel on Miranda's stomach and moved the wand around.

"There is your little one. They are doing great, very strong heartbeat. " Miranda's eyes watered and Ben smiled. She continued to move the wand around to see the private area.

"It's a......boy!" The tears that were filling Miranda's eyes fell. "I'll have the pictures printed out and I'll be right back." After the lady came back with the pictures ben helped miranda off the table.

"So the job?" Miranda's said as the walked hand and hand down the halls.

"Nothing." He said sadly.

"You should have never got fired." She said playfully hitting his arm. Ben had got a job at a burger joint, it wasn't really good pay but it was something. He worked there for about two months and then was fired when they said he wasn't putting in enough hours. He still had to focus on school.

"You act like it's my fault." He said rubbing away the sting.

"Well we will just keep-

"Miranda Bailey?" Miranda turned around to a tall black man. He had a mustache not to bushy, his hair was starting to grey out and he looked to be in about his late 40's.

"Yes, this is she, you are?"

"Oh Dr Webber, you probably down remember me." He said holding out his hand.

"I'm sorry." She said shaking it.

"I was an old friend of your dad. I heard what happened I'm sorry for your loss.

"Thank you." She bounced the name around in her head trying to find some memory.
"Yeah nothings coming back to me."

"Well the last time you saw me you were like what...5. I wouldn't be surprised."

"Oh okay."

"And who is this young gentleman?"

"Uh this is my boyfriend Benjamin Warren."

"Nice to meet you sir." Ben and him shook hands.

"I'm guessing he's the baby daddy too." He said smiling looking down at her small bulging stomach.

"Yeah 5 more months and I can drop him." She said rubbing her belly.

"Him, congratulations."

"Thank you."

"Do you guys want to come to my office talk, catch up?"

"I guess we can, Ben?"

"Fine we me." He said shrugging his shoulders. Dr Webber walked them to his office.

"So Dr web-

"Richard, you can call me Richard."

"Ok Richard your the chief?"

"Yep."

"That's what I want to be one day." She said smiling, looking outside the glass windows in the office.

"Your going to be a surgeon?"

"Yes general."

"That's amazing, what about you son?"

"Uh I'm not going to be a surgeon but I'm going to be a anesthesiologist."

"Oh okay, where do you work?"

"Oh I don't have one, I'm still trying."

They sat and watched as Richard stayed quiet. "Tell you what, I'll pay you to be my assistant. Maybe help out around here."

"Sir is that even a thing for kids my age?"

"I'm not sure but if it wasn't it is now."

"How are you going to pay when you have to pay a hospital full of doctors and have money for yourself. I don't want to be dipping into that."

"I'll find a way. Do you know how to so sutures?" Miranda was still quiet because she was shocked.

"Yes sir I do."

"Come on, let me see what you guys got." He said standing up.

"Miranda's baby do you hear that?" Ben looked over at her. "Miranda?" She got up and walked over to Richard and gave him a big hug.

"Thank you so much for this."

"Aww your welcome, now let's see these skills you two got." Ben, miranda and Richard did the sutures for about an hour and a half. Dr Webber was showing them how to do different ones and telling them his technique to make it easier and faster. After that he told them about some of his cases and they talked about surgical things for each miranda and Ben's careers.

"Thank you for this Dr Webber." Miranda said as they all walked to the exit doors.

"No problem."

And sir when do you want me to start?" Ben asked.

"You can come In tomorrow if you have time and we can talk and get you situated."

"Ok thank you sir, you have a good day."

"You guys too." Miranda and Ben drive back to the dorms. They got in at about 4:00.

"Gosh my feet are killing me." Miranda said flopping down on the bed.

"Here let me rub them for you." He put Miranda's feet in his lap and rubbed them.

"Mmm that feels good." She said throwing her head back.

"Im going to look the other way because this is turning me on." He said turning his head. Miranda's grabbed her phone and called her mom.

"Hello."

"Hi mommy."

"Hey how did the doctors appointment go?"

"It went great, it's a boy!" She shrieked.

"Congratulations baby."

"Uhh do your remember someone by the name of Dr. Richard Webber?"

"Yeah he was one of your dads friends until he moved to Seattle, why?"

"Oh we seen him today, he gave Ben a job."

"How did he give Ben a job?"

"He said he'd pay ben to be his assistant because Ben and these job interviews are going horrible."

"Oh ok well I love you."

"Love you too mommy." Miranda said before hanging up.

"Alright so was my little one a boy or girl?" Callie said busting into their rooms.

"We could have been naked Callie." Miranda said

"But you aren't, now tell me." She sat down on the other bed.

"It was a boy."

"Yes!"

"You wanted me to have a boy?"

"Well I thought it was a boy and I told Arizona that I bet it's a boy. Now she owes me 30 bucks."

"Why do I owe you 30 bucks?" Arizona said walking into the room.

"Because they're having a boy." She said holding out her hand.

"Find you won fair and square." Arizona said rolling her eyes and handing Callie the money.