Janette not Janeth

Vanessa was just ... well, Vanessa.

Beautiful, tall, and the most confident person I've ever seen.
She was my girlfriend of three years yet here I was ... Thinking about someone else.

I couldn't help myself.
Vanessa loved me. Yes, but ... She was always busy doing other stuff in her life.
She forgot about my existence half of the time and even though I didn't mind, I really wasn't sure where we were going with this relationship.

  Amidst uncertainty, Dahlia had confessed she had my name on some lesbian site without my consent and she wanted me to see a certain girl who had showed immediate interest in my profile.
God knows what's in that profile. Fuck Dahlia and her stupid ideas.

And now I have a blind date with some stranger I've neither seen nor met.

"You do know that I already have a girlfriend, right?", I grimaced as Dahlia forced me into a mini black dress that made me look like a total whore.

"Yes, but what's the point of having a girlfriend if you can't remember the last time you got laid??"

  Her statement hit a nerve but ...
I didn't feel a tiny bit guilty for seeing someone else on Vanessa's back.

"Besides, she's too busy with her life. If she really cared, you'd be in her bed right now and she'd be taking care of you and not leaving you to take care of yourself!"

"Just because you caught me touching myself doesn't mean I always take care of myself-"

"Exactly, Georgia! E-fucking-xactly. She's your lover, it's technically her job to get you off but guess what? She's too busy running errands for her campaign to win college president!", Dahlia complained as she went through her shoe rack, looking for a pair of heels that could go with my outfit.

"But that doesn't mean I should cheat", I reasoned. "I mean, she loves me."

"Who cares! You have to go see this girl, I think you guys will click better than that stupid lover of yours"

"I can't believe you're setting me up to get laid"

"I'm such a good best friend, I know, right?"

"I fucking hate you, Dahlia", I watched her as she picked the six inch pair of black heels and handed them to me.

"I love you too, bestie. Now put those things on so I can do your make up real quick. We don't wanna get late now, do we?"

   I sighed, wearing the shoes.

I felt too fancy for the occasion but I mean, who cared. As long as Dahlia was paying for everything, I had nothing to worry about.

  Half an hour later, I couldn't believe the goddamn mirror.
I had turned from the soft girl I always was to a high class bimbo bitch who looked like a prostitute by day and stripper by night.

"You look amazing, I'm proud of you", Dahlia smiled as she did finishing touch ups to my braids.

"You mean I look fuckable?", I rolled my eyes and she just smiled wider.

"Just the right word."

    ........................................................

    The destination was a classic fancy restaurant so turns out I wasn't that overdressed as I thought.
It was the kind of place a girl like me, who didn't earn a penny, wouldn't dare to stride in but here I was.
Thanks to my crazy best friend.

  Dahlia had given me nothing but the name of the restaurant and the name of my blind date; Royal Red.
Janette Richardson.

  She insisted that that was all I needed to know, though I barely trusted that.