The Way Down The Altar (Part 2)

I kept stealing glances at the beautiful girl sitting across from me.

Ahem, my sister-in-law.
I wasn't married to her brother yet but it's not like I could escape from that tragedy anyway.
I wished to know her better and if that meant I had to marry Alfred then so be it.

The black goth devoured my mom's noodles and chicken like she hadn't ate anything for years.
I stared deep, a bit irked by her horrible table manners but she looked so fucking cute.

She finished her bowl clean and even gulped up the remaining stew.
Next, she pulled over the fruit salad all to herself. All this while the parents were busy trying to make easy talk throughout dinner.
She was about to eat the last piece of a banana when my mother's eyes caught her, almost getting a heart attack.

My eyes widened on Riri, a bit afraid of what mom would say or worse, do to her!
I fake-choked the second Mom opened her mouth and all the attention turned to me.

I dropped my spoon and with one hand on my throat I ducked almost under the table, coughing.
I knew my parents would kill me for this but it was better than watching my mom scold the girl. Yes, she was going to scold her for 'not eating like a lady'. She was the kind of woman who didn't care about who was around, when she wanted to yell, she yelled.
And it was painfully clear how even her own parents wouldn't side with Riri for a billion dollars.
How could I watch that bitter scenario unfold? Nope, I wasn't.
So I kept coughing like a maniac, feeling my parents' irritated looks while Sheina and Milton eyed me with pity. As if I was their daughter.

"You okay?", Alfred patted my back, worried.

"Y-", cough. "Yes"

I swallowed, only to get up facing my now delighted parents.
Both loving Alfred's gesture towards me.
Ew.
Their eyes clearly saying 'See? We told you he's a nice guy!'.
Like I cared.

From my eyes, Alfred was just being his usual kind and of course, I couldn't be more thankful but-

Cough!

"Are you sure you're okay, Sweetie?", that was Sheina, almost making me roll my eyes. If she was trying to woo me for her son then she was crazy.

Then the last thing in my head happened.

"Here, let me help you to the bathroom.", Riri's beautiful voice intervened, making me wonder why any of the others didn't think of helping me with that.
I managed a nod even though it was too late because she was already assisting me off my seat as if I just got diagnosed with leukemia.

  I led the way upstairs to my room with Riri trying to hold me and me failing to keep my heart from racing from the physical contact.
She moved her hands off of me once we entered my bedroom and crossed her arms.

"What kind of fake stunt are you pulling?", she fixed her gaze on me.

Fuck.
She noticed?
My eyes widened in shame as I dropped the act.
"Do I suck much?"

"Your acting skills are horrible if that's what you're wondering", she stated. Blunt and piercing.

"Really? Sorry, I-I just wanted to get out of the table I guess", I breathed out.

"What for? You looked okay having a great time with your husband next to you"

I cringed, "He's not my husband"

"He will be, in the next few weeks. So technically he's your fiance whether you like it or not."

"I don't like it one bit."

  Riri chuckled before dropping herself on my bed.

I guess I should start getting used to her, considering she'll be in my life from now on.
The thing was that, I-