Blood and Chocolate ❤️🍫

The air reeked of blood.

But I had fed well enough not to attack anyone. Keeping it safe so I won't be sorry later.

"Somebody's playing the sweet little human again," Cynthia mocked in a singing tone. "But remember, no matter how kind you think you can be, little sister, you'll always be one of us. A blood-sucking monster."

She pronounced every single word on that last part separately, piercing them into my heart deep enough to hurt.
And they did.

Unlike me, she was famished and proudly going to walk into our family Valentine's party with humans in it. I pitied whoever was going to annoy her because they were sure going to end up as a snack. Now that I think of it, this could be dangerous – Who even brought up the idea of inviting our human friends over? Wait – It was me.

Was it awkward that I invited Mrs. G, a married stranger, as my partner?
I didn't even know what was weirder—me inviting her to be my plus-one when I was her mere employee or her for accepting my proposal when she should be staying home with her husband.

Cynthia catwalked into the enormous living room like she owned the place, asking me who I invited as my plus-one. Her light brown skin glowed under her long red dress while mine lay a shade bit darker in my black pants and blazer. People stared.

"A woman," I grabbed a glass of I-don't-know-what from one of the maids carrying around drinks.

"Ooh, nice," Cynthia grinned and leant in to whisper to me. "Female blood tastes better than any other."

"Don't even think about it." I gave her a warning look.

"Relax, little sister," she tilted my glass and sipped on my drink, her lipstick smearing the edges. "I won't eat your snack."

"She's not a snack, Cynthia," I grimaced, "Her name is Mrs. G, and she's my boss."

"I'll try to keep my hands to myself, I promise," she smiled nicely but her eyes said otherwise.

If anything was nice, it wasn't Cynthia. She dug her fangs into anything she felt like digging into. The untameable of the family.

"Inayah!", my heart leaped at the mention of my name, immediately recognizing the voice.

I turned to meet Mrs. G, but the glass in my hands slipped at the sight of her in a violet velvet mini-dress. Ash-white braids beautifully contrasting her chocolate dark skin.

"Oh my god," Cynthia gasped and I wasn't sure if she was shocked at the broken glass or how beautiful Mrs. G looked.
I apologized to the maid who tended to the horrible mess.

"Sorry about that, dear," Mrs. G approached, hand on my arm. "Did my voice startle you?"

"You look beautiful," I managed to say. No, she looked very beautiful. I couldn't find the right word to fit her. She was the definition of sexy.

"Why, thank you," she smiled. "You look quite good yourself, Inayah."

"Handsome," Cynthia proudly cut in with her usual grin, correcting the lady.  "That's the word. My sister looks handsome."

I smiled, liking how the compliment fit me.

"Oh," Mrs.G scanned me again before turning to the girl who had almost the same face as me. Finally, she noticed my sister. "Right. And you must be?"

"Cynthia, the evil twin sister, nice to meet you," Her eyes were set on the other woman's pulse. "You must be the boss lady?"

I moved forward to intervene the second they were about to shake hands.
"Enough. Go find your date, Cynthia," I smacked my sister's hand away.

"Jealous much, Inayah?" Cynthia laughed.

I pushed her, irritated. "Leave."

"Look, I know I promised not to snack on your little human buddy but God, I didn't know she would look so delicious. A walking chocolate, I bet she tastes as such-"

"Cynthia!"

She shut her mouth only to open it again.
Mrs. G watched us back and forth, her expression a mixture of confusion and terror. I bet she had never witnessed two women being so aggressive.

"Okay, fine. I'm outta here." Cynthia shot, as if her absence was my loss.
She was still not going anywhere.

She leaned into my ear, "Just saying, if you don't eat this one, little sis, then I probably would."

I pushed her away from me, cursing. What the hell have I ever done wrong to get cursed with a psychopath sibling?

"Lay a finger on her, you're dead." Pissed.

"Why the fuck do you wanna spare her so bad?" Cynthia suddenly pushed me back. "This is so unlike you."

I abhorred how reckless, heartless, and arrogant my sister was. And her obsession to push me under the spotlight while at it.
We came from the same womb six minutes away from each other but we sure weren't the same.

Cynthia let out her fangs, growling at me. Claws out and eyes red, I could already see some of the humans starting to panic.
I let mine out too, hearing Mrs. G gasp at the sight but I stood protectively in front of her.

"Why, Inayah? She's just a mere human nothing special!", Cynthia looked ready to burst. "She's prey!"

Because I wasn't a monster, I told myself. I wasn't going to prey on Mrs. G because I wasn't a monster. No, that wasn't it-

"Because I like her,", I shot, pissed at the pestering. "Because I like her and she's mine!"

Mrs. G's breath hitched, as if struck by lightning, and I felt guilty for inviting her to a party full of blood-suckers.
Cynthia stood ice-frozen and the rest of the room had gone dead silent.

Great. Now everyone that attended the Valentine's Party knows I have a crush on my boss. More terrifying, said boss was part of the crowd.
But when I caught sight of Mrs. G, she was smiling at me, and just like that, my fangs disappeared back in.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

I think I'm gonna write a part two of this bcs I'm simply not satisfied.
Anywhoo, I made a new cover for this book😊, lemme know what you think of it!❤️

Comment ❤️ Vote 🌟