| it had always been them |

- a cute one shot about life with them with bangchan as your bf/significant other -

song : photograph, by ed sheeran

---

You weren't one to believe in soulmates but nonetheless, the beauty and animate suddenness of life had lead you to believe as if it was possible to have someone who was meant for you. Who understood and loved you. Who felt like family.
But you hadn't just found one.
You had found 8.
8 beautiful boys who had taken you in as one of their own, respecting you and giving you a family. All thanks to Chan.

Having met through work, both of you had become friends but a friendship as strong as that was meant to evolve into something more. Something, beautiful and never ending.

And then Chan had introduced you to his family, his smile so wide that his dimples shone and the stars in his eyes clearly visible as he told you about his friends, his brothers. It had been slightly difficult to warm up to them, their chaotic and over the top behaviour being a unique experience for you but you had learnt that if there was ever a family you could ask for, you would chose them in a heartbeat.

There was no doubt Chan loved you deeply and the members were euphoric to see their beloved hyung this happy.

You weren't an exceptionally amazing person but you were kind, you loved him for his perfections and imperfections and you did care for the people who meant the world to him.
And perhaps that was enough.

It had been enough for them to love you just as you loved them and now, you were a part of them.

It was a cold day, nearing Christmas when you finally realised that.
The kids had come over on a Saturday evening, exhausted from their tough schedule and hoping to relax. It would have been hectic to take care of the 7 by yourself but soon, Chan had come home, food in his hand as he dropped a kiss on your forehead and went to greet the others.

They had talked, goofed around and even played board games, the entire room glowing as the bunch radiated love and comfort you had always hoped for.

It was nearing 7 PM when you had suddenly found the room quiet.
Your head lifted from its comfortable position of Chan's shoulder as you looked around at the room.

Han, Suengmin and Felix were asleep on the huge couch, blankets covering them as they fit into each other, eyes closed and comfort on their faces. Changbin and Jeongin were on the mattress you had placed for them, the youngest leaning against his hyungs as he peacefully slept.

Hyunjin gracefully slept on the single sofa, his hair falling into his eyes and nearby, Minho lay on the beanbag, his earbuds in.

A small smile appeared on your face as you looked around at the bunch.

Chan shuffled underneath you as you got up slowly. You both had fallen asleep on a sofa, his arm gracefully falling around your body as you held onto him. 
You looked through the window and were met by a blank canvas of snow. Eyes wide, you whispered to Chan, "its finally snowing"
Chan perked up and a smile appeared on his face. His movement caused Changbin to stir, who was a light sleeper and soon enough, the rest of them woke up as well.

Their gorgeous faces and messy looks reminded you off how they had been in the same state a few months ago, exhausted from practice. But now, they were home and only gentle smiles and hugs were present.
The word of the snow went around and you watched as Changbin awoke Felix, gently shaking his shoulder.
At the same time, Han and Hyunjin woke Minho up by playing a loud song in his earbuds. He jerked up, confused as he looked around and spotted Han laughing. Throwing a pillow at the lot, he rubbed his eyes and got up, stretching like a cat.
The room was filled with melodious and loud laughter as everyone put on their coats and rushed outside.

The next sight that beheld you was one that you would have liked to save forever.
Felix and Hyunjin were busy gushing over the snow, their eyes scrunching as they excitedly examined it. Changbin and Chan were helping Jeongin build a snowman, their cheeks pink and eyes full of laughter as they watched the scene unfold. Suengmin had thrown a snowball towards Han, who yelped.
Hyunjin laughed at his reaction and picked up another snowball and threw it towards Minho who was busy drawing a face in the snow. Soon enough, a snowball fight had broke out and you found yourself in the midst of it, watching
Chan scold Han as he hit you with a snowball but then joined in.

If it was possible, you would've replayed the entire moment again and again just to see the laughter and joy on the boys' faces, their worries gone and them living life as if they were still children.

As the sun set and the colours of the sky faded from reddish pink to a beautiful melodious blue, the clouds painting the sky like a canvas, a small feeling of nostalgia fell over you. Watching them, you never wanted this moment to end and a sad smile overcame you.

A hand pulled you as Chan took you aside. He held your hands as he looked into your eyes, smiling cheekily, his nose pink from the snow.
"I love you." He slowly whispered, sounding a bit breathless.
And that was it. That was your tipping point.

You felt yourself being pulled into a hug as a small tear escaped from your eye. You silently let it fall, your head pressed against Chan's chest as his arms strongly held you. His head fell on yours as he gently kissed the top of ur head.

"I love you Chan. I love you and I love all of them." You slowly whispered, feeling Chan's grip around you tighten. A small sigh escaped his lips as he replied.

"I know. And thats why i'll always love you."
You looked up at him and Chan seized the moment to cup your face with his soft hands. He bent down and his lips gracefully met yours.
You relaxed into the kiss and for a moment, you could swear as if the world stopped, letting you soak in the comfort. This was everything you had ever wanted and you were beyond grateful.
Chan felt the same, always looking for someone who understood and loved his family just like he did. And he had found you.

Chan held on to your face, his kiss growing deeper as a pink tint appeared on your cheeks. You broke apart and your surroundings grew quiet as the Kids looked at both of you, their eyes shining with love as they erupted into cheers and grabbed both of you into a hug.
For a while, it was just them, those 8 stars.

It had always been them.

---

authors note:
this is one of the pieces im really proud of !! starting off a bit soft but yeah, hope u liked this :]

please upvote and comment ❣️