Chapter 5: Questions to be Answered

Y/n's POV:

"He lied to us... why did he lie to us?"

"Trust me, I want to know just as well as you do, buddy."

•••

I woke up from yet another nightmare. Another one that made no sense.

I let out a sigh of relief before noticing that Michael had his arms around me from behind.

I smiled to myself before picking up my phone to check the time when I noticed that it was 6:00. I still had three hours before I needed to be at work. But I knew I wasn't going to fall back asleep any time soon, so I decided to get up and get ready for the day.

Once I finished getting ready, I headed to the kitchen to get breakfast. I wasn't going to wake Michael up because he probably had a long night and he deserved to sleep in. I figured I would ask him how his night was after I had gotten home from work.

The more I thought about it, the more thoughts kept on floating around in my mind. Michael had told me that Henry was a bit hesitant to give him the job when he had first asked. I couldn't help but wonder why. Was there something suspicious about the animatronics? Surely they weren't possessed by anyone. Michael and I had freed them all.

Well... all but one of them.

I won't deny that the thought of that made me quite anxious. But why? There was nothing to be worried about. Michael was already dead anyway. And besides, just because William was still out there doesn't mean that he was a threat. He had nothing to do with the new pizzeria. He wasn't associated with it in any way. And besides, maybe it was a better thing that he was still possessing that animatronic by the name of Springtrap. He was stuck there in that body in that location. So he couldn't get to us again.

"Hello? Earth to y/n?"

I snapped out of my thoughts and looked up from the table to see Lolbit.

"Good morning," I greeted. "What inspired you to come talk to me?"

"What, can I not have a chat with you?" she asked, taking a seat across from me.

"Of course you can," I said with a slight chuckle. "I'm just teasing."

"So, what's up with you?" she asked. "You looked like you were deep in thought."

"Oh, it's nothing," I lied.

"Nothing, huh?" she asked. "I can tell when you're lying. I know something's bothering you."

I sighed. "Alright, so maybe I've been a bit stressed the past couple of days. It's no big deal."

"And why's that?"

"It's nothing important," I insisted.

"Is it about Michael's new job?"

"What? How'd you know?"

"Because what else would you be so worried about?" she asked. "You've been stressing out over his new job constantly. Last night you were panicking while he was at work."

"I wasn't panicking," I scoffed.

"Yes you were," she said. "But you know, there's nothing to worry about. You two are already dead. He can't die again."

"I know, but something else bad could happen to him."

"Like what?"

"Like..." I paused. "Like what about his dad?"