Chapter 10: Back on that Night

Michael's POV:

I didn't know what to feel. Excited? Relieved? Nervous? I was pretty sure I had found my sister... but not at all how I expected.

I didn't understand; I heard Circus Baby's voice. I used to hear that voice every single day back when I worked at Circus Baby's Pizza World. But she was back there, at the old place. Not here. If she were, I would've noticed her by now. Right?

If only I had been able to see the animatronic there during the salvaging process. If I had gotten a better look at what it looked like so that I could have more answers.

But the animatronic had still been a little visible. And based on the slight bit that I could see, it didn't look like Circus Baby.

"Maybe I should ask Ennard," I thought to myself. "He knows a lot about what happened and what happens with many of the animatronics. Maybe he'd know."

Not tonight though. I was too tired to function. It had been a stressful night, trying to avoid William. And I was stressed about Elizabeth. Maybe I found her... but maybe I didn't. And if I did, I most certainly did not find her the way I thought I would.

Once I got home, I went straight to my room. I didn't do anything else. I just wanted to sleep. I wanted to get the chance to rest my out-of-control thoughts for once.

Unlike the night before, y/n was asleep once I walked in. I smiled to myself, feeling grateful that she hadn't stayed awake the whole night worrying about me. And most importantly, I was grateful that I was indeed able to come home safely like I had promised.

After spending a very short amount of time getting ready for bed, I went over to my side of the bed and laid down next to her. I wrapped an arm around her, pulling her closer to me.

"Michael?"

I looked down at her. "Yes?"

"You're home," she mumbled with a small smile. Her eyes were half-lidded, and based on her tone of voice I could tell she had just woken up.

"Yep. Now I'm all yours for the rest of the morning," I whispered.

She leaned her head against my chest and let out a sigh. "I'm glad to have you back."

"I know. It's better being here with-"

"Goodnight," she interrupted, clearly more than half asleep. I smiled to myself.

"Goodnight."

And with that I let my eyes close, finally falling asleep after a long night.

•••

I opened my eyes in the middle of the night. What woke me up? I glanced over to y/n's side of the bed to see that she wasn't there.

Surely it was no big deal. She was probably either in the bathroom or getting a midnight snack.

I turned onto my side to get more comfortable. But when I did, I noticed that my phone was on. That was weird. Did I forget to turn it off? Or did y/n use it for something?

I picked it up to see that my message app was open and on my texts with y/n. I rubbed my eyes to get a better look at what the texts said, since the brightness of the screen was so blinding. Then I saw it: she had shared the location of Fazbear Frights with herself.

Oh no.

I quickly got out of bed and grabbed my phone with me. I didn't bother getting ready to go. I just left straight to the car, popping a caffeine pill on my way to stay awake. Then I made my way to Fazbear Frights.