Chapter 11: Everything Piles Up

Michael's POV:

    The next day dragged on slowly. I felt unrested and anxious. Y/n had called me once or twice in the middle of work, just to check up on me. Maybe it was a bit over the top, but I didn't care. I liked knowing that she cared so much.

    I tried to keep a positive mindset throughout the day, but I just couldn't. Something was constantly bothering me in the back of my mind. Whether that be William, Elizabeth, my safety, or y/n's safety.

The day went by in a breeze. Before I knew it, y/n was home. I got to spend some time with her before work. But it wasn't long enough.

It never was.

    I really wanted to stay home. Tons of worst-case scenarios kept on coming to my mind for what might happen.

    One thing that really scared me was the fact that Elizabeth probably didn't have control over her animatronic self. Back when we saved her the first time, she told me herself that she didn't have control over Circus baby, so chances are that she didn't have control over this animatronic either. Whether that be Circus baby or someone else.

    It was her inside of that animatronic. Right? Or was this some sick prank that William was pulling on me?

    Whether or not it was a prank, I knew for a fact that he was doing everything in his power to mess with me. Whether that be by capturing Elizabeth, impersonating Elizabeth, or who-the-hell knows what else, he was always in the back of my mind.

    And I was pretty damn sure that I was always in the back of his too.

    I wasn't sure what to think anymore.

    Man. Whatever that sick jerk was doing to mess with me was working.

    Because nothing was keeping me from going to work tonight.

    "I heard your call."

    "One big happy family!"

    "Fascinating... what they have become."

    "Together again!"

    "It feels like home."

    "Bittersweet, but fitting."

    "Knock, knock! I'm here!"

    "Where are you?"

    "Oh, what a pleasant surprise!"

    "You may not recognize me at first, but I assure you, it's still me."

    I ran my fingers through my hair before finally slamming my fists down on the desk and yelling out, "Leave me ALONE!"

    Then it went quiet.

    Nothing but the fan humming in the background was to be heard.

    I couldn't take this. I couldn't take one more minute of it. Those stupid animatronics were driving me to the point of insanity.

    Yelling wasn't the best idea. I knew that would attract attention to where I was. But I couldn't take it. I had to say something. I had to get the words off my chest.

    I looked back up at the computer screen and finished the last tasks for the night. Then I left my office as fast as I could and headed towards Henry's office. I didn't want to salvage any animatronics tonight, but I knew that Henry probably wanted me to.

    I walked inside, sat down in the chair across from his, put my stuff on the floor, and pressed the play button on the tape recording. The same thing as always.

    This time I noticed the animatronic to be a familiar one. It was a black bear with one missing eye. But I knew I had seen it before.

    Then I realized who it was: it was Lefty. He was one of the animatronics that Henry personally owned and used. This animatronics wasn't meant to be thrown out in the back alley. He already belonged here.

    So of course, I salvaged it.

    I made sure to be wise with the taser. I didn't want him jumpscaring me like the first two times I had done this.

    I'll admit, it was much more difficult than the last couple of times I did this. Lefty's movements were so discreet that it was nearly impossible to tell when he was acting strange. But I did my best.

    And fortunately, by the time I was done, I heard the tape recording say what I hoped it would.

    I took a deep breath of relief. Thank goodness that's over.

    I stood up and went to leave the room. But right as I opened the door, I heard another voice. It sounded like the one that helped me get through my first night here.

    "Don't forget Saturday! Remember: you want them all to be in one place."

    Who? Who was supposed to be in one place?

    I thought about it for a moment until it hit me.

    I knew exactly who was supposed to be in one place.

A/N: Sorry for the insanely short chapter. I plan on trying to make future chapters longer. I know this sequel hasn't been as good as the first book, but things are going to get better. It's been hard building things up to the good part of the story.

But trust me, I have good plans for this story.