c h a p t e r 2

𝕁𝕖𝕟𝕥𝕫𝕖𝕟'𝕤 ℙ𝕆𝕍

"Uh- What do you mean by that?" I ask. Emily has been acting a little strange towards me today, and I don't know what is wrong. I assume she doesn't feel well. "Emily, maybe you should sit down." I suggest. "Why?" "I'm perfectly fine." She says and walks her hands up my arm. I let her do it and grab some Takis. I kind of liked it. I mean, Emily is pretty cute and funny, but I know she wouldn't feel the same way. Emily grabs a twinkie; her favorite. I walk out of the pantry and she follows. Instead of eating my snack outside and joining the squad, I sit next to Emily by the counter. "So..." Emily begins. "You look like really really good today." She says. Wait what?! Is she flirting with me? I know she really couldn't mean anything. Emily and I have been friends for so long. She wouldn't all of the sudden just spring out feelings for me. But, you can't shoot a shot you don't take. I gathered the courage to compliment her back. "You look really really good today too." I say looking at Emily. She doesn't say anything and looks shocked. What? She complimented me, is it weird that I complimented her back? After a few moments of silence, I throw in, "Em, I'm so sorry if I made you feel uncomfortable or anything, I just thought it would be nice since you complimented me to compliment you back." "It's okay, really." She says and winks at me. Ok, what is going on with her today. Does she like me? "Well um, I think we should go by the squad now." I say. "Yea, me too." She responds and we join the squad in the hot tub.

@emilydobson

A/N: OMG Emily looks absolutely stunning in this picture!!! <3

@jentzenramirez