c h a p t e r 10

Emily's POV

Elliana left the house in a hurry when we announced our news to her. I thought Jentzen and I could go check on her to make things right.  Yolanda had picked us up, knowing the situation. She told Ellie she was getting food for Sable. We checked the windows of her room and she wasn't there. I asked Yolanda to open the gate to the backyard. There we see Elliana. She sets her phone down and looks below off the cliff. She swings her arms as if she was going to jump. "ELLIANA STOP!!!" "WHAT ARE YOU DOING?????" I yell. She says nothing and starts crying. I take her away from the edge and we sit near the hot tub together. We talked for a while about the move and her and Jentzen's friendship. A few minutes later, my phone chimed. It was Jentzen, and Ellie began to tear up. I held her hand and walked to the car. Then I left them alone to talk while I got Elliana's phone. I didn't mean to snoop or anything, but when I picked up her phone I happened to see her lockscreen was still of her and Jentzen in Colorado. I ignored it and gave her the benefit of the doubt. The girl's emotions were clearly overwhelmed and she probably just didn't have time to change her lockscreen yet. When I walked back to the car, Elliana and Jentzen were awkwardly sitting there, but there was no tension. I figured we'd leave her alone and be on our way. After saying goodbye and thanking Yolanda, my dad texted and told me he was on his way to pick me up. "My dad's on his way." I said. Jentzen laughed and I continued. "You know how he is about me getting my homework done." "Alright see you tomorrow?" "See you!" We hugged and Jentzen pulled away. It's crazy to see most of the squad members can drive now.