c h a p t e r 8

🄹🄴🄽🅃🅉🄴🄽'🅂 🄿🄾🅅

So it's official, Emily and I are dating. I never thought I'd say it. Emily told me last time I saw her that she was on her way to tell Elliana. I was on the couch with Lev watching YouTube when Elliana comes down the stairs. She pretended as if she didn't see us and walked pass us, her heels making them alert. She grabs her bag and heads toward her locker. "Elliana, where are you going?" I ask her. Although we are no longer dating, I still dated her for almost a year and after all I still do care for her. "Nothing." She says. She then takes out her CASETiFY mirror phone case and looked at herself. "Well then why are you leaving?" I say pretending I didn't see her cry. She finally turns and faces me. She was clearly in a rough position, for her mascara was running down her face and to her chin. "Ellie? What's the matter?" I asked as if I didn't already know. "Why do you want to know where I'm going so bad? Shouldn't you be concerned about where Emily is instead?" I felt bad. "Ellie, I-" "You what? Did you have feelings for Emily the whole time we were dating? I get it." She storms away and opens the gate. She goes around the corner to see where her mom usually parks her car is not there. She takes out her phone and texts Yolanda.

Ellie: Mom, where are u?

Yolanda: I thought I'd run to the store whiled you're at Piper's, what's up?

Ellie: Nothing, just pick me up when you cant I don't feel good

Yolanda: On my way honey

"Your mom not here huh?" I say and sit next to Elliana on the curb. "How did you know?" She sighs. "I mean it was pretty obvious since she usually honks goodbye." "True." She says looking at the ground. "Hey," "Remember when we were riding Piper's new bikes on this street and you fell and I caught you?" Elliana smiles a bit. "Yes, yes I do." "Those were good times." I say. "And now that I'm with Emily it doesn't mean that we can't make more memories like that." We sit there for a minute and recall all the fun times we had together until we see Yolanda's blue Tesla peer around the corner. "My mom is- yea." Elliana says and gets in her mom's car. Usually I'd hug her goodbye, but I have to remember we are no longer together sometimes. Yolanda did her classic honk and wave goodbye, and I walked back to Piper's house. 

@jentzenramirez 

@ellianawalmsley_

@ellianawalmsley_