Chapter Two

I had been standing in her office for around five minutes now, she was cleaning a space on her desk and logging off her computer. I was a little out of breath since i refused to go in the lift, so we walked up the stairs.

"Okay sweetie, do you mind taking a seat in front of me please. I just want to talk with you about what's just happened. Is that okay?"

My stomach fills with warmth every time she calls me a pet name, she had done in a few times in the past couple of minutes as she was tidying. She was a very nice lady. I nodded my head and took a seat in the comfy chair across from her.

"So just talk me through what just happened. You were so shaken when you saw that man, who was he?" Her comforting voice asked, however, i was still sceptical on letting her in on me. She's still a stranger no matter how nice she is to me.

"He...Just someone i kn-knew." Sniffling still, i managed to mutter a reply. It wasn't much, but really, she didn't need to know a lot anyway.

"Is that all i get?" The woman asked, she no longer looked as friendly as she did moments before. She didn't look scary, just a little more stressed out.

Regardless, i nodded my head. Letting her know that, yes, that was all i was going to say. I didn't want to seem selfish or grotty. God i hope she doesn't hate me. This was all a mistake.

Bringing my hands together, i started to pick at my skin again. It was a nervous habit, not a healthy one either. Although it gave me comfort when i needed it. It's just something i can focus on.

"Stop picking at your skin! It's going to get sore. Can't let those pretty hands get damaged, can we?" She said as she made her way from her chair, walking round the desk and crouching down to my height. I stopped picking and pulled the sleeves of my jumper down, covering the wounded skin.

"What're we gonna do with you? Too young to be walking round central city by yourself. You could get lost darling." Her voice, yet again, a soft rhythm. Though, there's one thing she's got completely wrong.

"I'm not a child." I stated ever so quiet she wouldn't of heard it if she weren't so close. Her face morphed into a confused state. Almost questioning if i'm joking or not. She must think i'm some stuck up teenager that's so adamant on being called an adult. Only thats not true. I really am an adult.

"I'm twenty one in four months." I finished for her sake. I feel a little embarrassed now, she probably only helped me because she thought i was an overwhelmed lost child.

"Heavens i'm so sorry, you just look so small. That's my mistake." She laughed a little which then followed by a small giggle from me. The woman's face lit up when she heard the foreign noise. She still looked rather confused though, as if she was trying to figure out something.

Probably as to why i'm acting like such a child. It's not my fault. Many people have asked why i look so small and innocent in the past. Especially him. He would always make a scene out of it. Call me a big baby when ever things got stressful and i wanted to not be stressed.

His family thought it was immature. Mainly his farther. Apparently being high in business meant no fooling around. They made me swear not to do it anymore. Told me i should just act my age.

She was still staring at me and just the moment i thought she would ask why i'm acting of the sort, her lips curved into a small smile.

"What's you're name honey?" I don't think i will ever get over her voice. It's so soft...like honey!

"Addilyn." I replied, swinging my feet back and forth off the chair.

"Such a pretty name hm? It suits you beautifully." She said, causing a small blush to appear on my face. This woman who i've known less than an hour, has managed to make me feel better about myself than he ever did in our eight month relationship.

I was feeling a little over excited now so i managed to ask her a question for myself.

"What's y-your name?" Again, the woman laughed a little before replying.

"Rosalie, but you can just call me rose."

I gasped, such has such a pretty name!

"That suits you b-beautifully too!" I managed to get through the stutter. The woman was wearing the biggest smile possible.

"Thank you darling. Now how would you feel about lunch hm? I'm sure i've heard your stomach growl a few times."

How embarrassing, my face must be bright red! I didn't even notice my stomach make those noises. My face formed a pout. I bet she's trying to get rid of me now. Have some lunch then leave me. For a moment i thought she could be my friend.

"Don't worry, mine was growling loud too! Do me a favour and turn that frown upside down hm? The Cafeteria is on the bottom floor, we can take the stairs again don't worry. If you're good at keeping me company, i'll get you dessert too!"

I smiled and stood eagerly out my chair. I love dessert. Pretty lady walked over to her desk and grabbed her purse. When she came back over ready to leave. She looked at me for a moment before holding out her hand towards me.

I hesitantly looked up at her and saw the warming smile on her face. "It's okay, you can take it."

Lifting my own, i intertwined our fingers and we made our way out her office.