Prologue

As Apple was talking to her patient, Fastrunner, she heard one the medics pant, running down to Apple. "Apple! Apple!" Toucan said, eyes looking wide and concerned. "Huh? What happened?" Asked Apple, completely confused.

Fastrunner shrugged and said, "Apple, you can go now. I feel better anyway." And went to sleep. Toucan looked at Apple and sort of whispered in her ear and whispered, "I think something's off about Iguana." Iguana? Iguana? What could he possibly have done? Apple thought, confused. "What is it?" Apple asked, scratching her head, and then tucking in her wings.

"Well, you know how Iguana is always so nice, and happy? I know he doesn't eat fruit like the rest of us, but you know he never hurts anyone, nor anything. Right?" Apple paused, what was Toucan talking about? Of course, he's nice! "...What are you going with this?" Asked Apple, raising a brow, then looking around if anyone was near them two, and so did Toucan. He, Toucan, would say, "Today, Iguana started to turn... Aggressive."

Apple laughed at the stupidity on what Toucan had just said. "Him? Iguana? Oh, please! Might as well say Clay went crazy too!" Apple joked. Toucan shook his head, seeming not to actually be joking after all. "No, Apple, listen to me; I'm not kidding when I said that Iguana was going aggressive. And to prove this, I've heard that some IceWings had the same case TOO!" Growled Toucan. Apple would flinch, backing away a little bit. "You're-- Not joking?" Apple asked him nervously. "OF COURSE NOT!" Yelled Toucan, not in anger, but in fear, just like how Apple was feeling right now. No, no. This can't be happening. I know that IceWings are violent, but if Toucan actually means being really violent... No, no. This-- This is bad- terrible even! Apple thought worriedly. She'd untuck her wings, letting them flare up high.

Apple would hear talonsteps coming through the medic den. She would hear cries of agony coming through, then seeing three medics, two men, and one woman. All three had white, pale green, and grey scales, then, Apple would see a small, pure white little dragonet, with a torn off horn, and blood spilling out, many, MANY scratches on the throat, hind legs, and face. But, due to the very small wings, Apple could tell that was...

"VIOLETTA!" Screamed Apple, seeing Violetta crying for dear life. Violetta looked so terrifyingly injured, blood everywhere, and seeing her left wing severely burned. "WHO IN THEIR RIGHT MINDS DID THIS?!?" Roared Apple, throwing her tail side to side furiously, wings wide out to the sky, and showing her fangs, as if she'll kill anyone with her venom when she finds the killer. The medics were shaken in fear, then said, "Violetta said that Clay, Sunny, and Pineapple attacked her for no reason. She said that when they found her walking by for fruit, they all started to attack her." Said the male medic on the left.

"To my SISTER?! NO! THEY WOULDN'T! CLAY IS KIND, SUNNY IS GENTLE AND SWEET, AND SHE WOULD NEVER IN HER LIFE DO THAT! AND HOW DID PINEAPPLE EVEN GET THERE?!?!" Her voice would echo across the place, not even just the den.

Toucan ran away, which he said, "I'm getting more medics!" Apple snapped her head right back at the medics and growled, "Don't just SIT there, do SOMETHING!" They all yelped and fly to the emergency den with Violetta.

Minutes later, Toucan came running back to Apple, saying, "I got more medics, they're coming on their way to the ER." Apple's scales were dark red, black, and brown. Her scales slowly turned their way to brown, then black, then bright red, with shiny green wings and yellow under scales, her original color. Apple sighed, "I don't get it, why would those three, nice and sweet people do such a thing?" She'd close her eyes, sitting down, tears falling down. "I know, I know... But it'll be fine, I promise." Toucan assured her, hugging Apple. "Y-You're right, you weren't kidding. I am an idiot, for sure." Cried Apple. She'd open her eyes, seeing her tears fall down to the ground. "Nonono, that's not true! You're my mate! You're not stupid, but we need... We need to find a cure to this, I don't know how dragons get it, but in anyway, we'll stick together and never get infected from this mess. I promise. I do."

"Thank you," Mumbled Apple, slowly getting up. "We'll make sure that'll never happen! Not to us, and not to anyone else!" And plus, it won't be the end of humanity, right?