Chapter four

I just wanna say something; this was an unfinished draft that I won't be continuing or finishing.

"Well, it's all better now!" Iris said happily,
finished examining Sodalite's arm. Sodalite lightly smiled, which Iris smiled back. "Hey, why not me, you, and Blueberry can go hunt for.." Iris said

"For hunting?" Sodalite said, trying to finish Iris' sentence.

"Nope!" She said with a smirk on her face.

"For..." Sodalite muttered. What could dragons hunt for? Dragons? Dragons? Even more dragons? Okay, well, that's not very true. Well, RainWing's do 'hunt' for fruits! Sodalite thought in her head.

"Fruit?" She replied. Iris nodded, saying, "Yup! You got it correct! Hoooray!"

Sodalite giggled. Then, Iris continued. "Now, c'mon, let's go get Blueberry."

A few minutes later, the two dragonets ran up to Blueberry, who was in the den sleeping near the campfire, on a rock hill. Iris gently tapped Blueberry on the cheek. Sodalite nudged him. "Blueberry, wanna go find some food?" Asked Sodalite. He replied in a, "Eeeehhhhmmmmmmmk." Then went back asleep, moving away. Iris winked at Sodalite. What was she gonna do? "I saw some apples and blueberries!" Gasped Iris, pointing at nothing.

Blueberry jerked up. "Huh? Where?" He said, looking around. Iris laughed. "You'll find some if you come with us." She flapped her wings, indicating to go and hunt. Sodalite tooked (yeah, TOOKED, TOOKED IS A WORD! THAT WORD IS BEAUTIFUL, AND SHE TOTALLY DIDN'T MAKE THAT WORD TO SOUND SMART!) A look at Faintwing and Cantaloupe, who were talking to eachother, though Faintwing looked devastated. Probably something stupid. She's probably being overdramatic, Sodalite said in her head. Plus, she's a jerk, so she's probably tricking Cantaloupe into being onto her side, so if we ever fight, he'll get in the way and protect her. She's such a coward.

And, Sodalite wasn't even trying to be overdramatic about that. Faintwing was just a plain jerk to others, and Sodalite is pretty sure she was always like that for her entire life, which explains why she has no friends. Yet, Cantaloupe would still be on Faintwing's side.

A small cloud of smoke puffed out of Sodalite's snout, glaring at the two, then looking back at her friends. Iris looked at her and asked, "Hey, Sodalite? Why the long snout? We can't have two pouty dragons!" She joked. Sodalite pointed at the two dummies. "It's them, Faintwing is acting all hatchling-ish and crying. I bet she's only just trying to take Cantaloupe on her side, and not ours."

Blueberry yawned, trying to focus his vision on the dummies. Then, his head went back, looking at Sodalite. "Maybe she's actually sad? What about we ask on what's going on? Maybe if we be nice to her, she'll be good too, change her mind about being mean, and then Cantaloupe can be on our side too!" He said.

"Sorry Sodalite, but to be honest, I agree with him. Not completely, but there could be some trauma on Faintwing. When that plague arrived, it just kaboomed onto Phyrria, spreading onto families," Iris said, her antenna lowering down, looking serious, she wasn't joking. Families, huh? Sodalite thought.
"nobody knew what to do, and dragons were already dying and turning infected. I know what happened to me on that day.. And so did Blueberry and you. Sure, it was different for all of us, but Faintwing could had have her whole family trying to infect or kill her- maybe even try to eat her alive! In all honest Injuin, Sodalite, I just want to say that there could be a really good reason why Faintwing is a jerk."

"Hmph," Mumbled Sodalite. "Well I never!"

Iris sighed. "If you say so," she said.

You don't understand. You're too serious and well, TOO logical that you forget that some dragons aren't like that. Think about Blueberry, he doesn't always think logically, not in a bad way, but because you need to think creatively, Iris. Who knows what will happen next. This virus is so crazy... I don't know if even thinking logically will help in the first part. Sodalite explained in her head. Okay, and I'm having a whole conversation... To who? Me? Okay, welp that's depressing. She thought. She really had to stop talking to herself in her head. Wasn't that weird? Talking to literally yourself? Didn't that mean you have no friends?