the day i met you was the begging of everything

𝗍𝗁𝖾 𝖽𝖺𝗒 𝗂 𝗆𝖾𝗍 𝗒𝗈𝗎 𝗐𝖺𝗌 𝗍𝗁𝖾
              𝖻𝖾𝗀𝗀𝗂𝗇𝗂𝗇𝗀 𝗈𝖿 𝖾𝗏𝖾𝗋𝗒𝗍𝗁𝗂𝗇𝗀

                         ☾

                GOWONS POV
i woke up to me getting jumped on by hyeju. hyeju is my best friend! she's 1 year younger than me so she's like my younger sister!

"WAKE UP!!!" hyeju said with a bright smile on her face. it's the last day of 5th grade so shes extremely happy. me and hyeju have known each other since we were babies. we've always had each others back. i know that i am going to have to tell her i'm leaving her soon. i just don't know how.

                HYEJUS POV
today is the last day of 5th grade which means that next year, me and wonnie will be big 6th graders! i'm excited to eat the end of school year cake with mine and wonnies face on it!! wonnie is like my older sister. she's more mature, older, and she's just so nice.

as gowon starts to get up i became filled with worry. she had red marks all over her chest. "wonnieeee what's on your chest??" i asked as i stopped jumping to get a better look. "oh i had an allergic reaction to this sunscreen. it's no big deal." gowon replied with.

                  GOWONS POV
i felt terrible for having to lie like that. the real reason was, i made a challenge. how many days it took me to tell hyeju i was leaving, i had to slap myself. so far i had hit myself 13 times which means 13 days i hadn't told hyeju. i know she's going to be heartbroken. we were supposed to grow up together. i'm moving to america for my fathers job. it's an amazing opportunity that we can't just pass up. i feel terrible. like a monster. i don't know how to tell her.

                    HYEJUS POV
as me and wonnie got ready i could tell that something was wrong with her. she kept looking around ask she said my name like 20 times. "um hyeju..." "hyeju i-" "im sorry but hyeju im-" is how she would start the sentence, and end it straight after. i was worried since her chest seemed to be redder than before. as we walked to the bus i could see her tearing up.

                GOWONS POV
we were walking to the bus and i just starting to cry. this was the last time i would walk on the bus with my best friend forever. i couldn't keep my tears back. "what's the matter wonnie?" hyeju asked at we both sat down. "oh nothing. i'm just sad that this year is ending!" i had to lie again. i promised myself, i will tell her after school.

      _________ time skip _________
              3RD PERSON POV
as the day went by, gowon could only think about what to tell hyeju. she could write a note, tell her straight up, lie, or just never tell her and make hyeju think she went missing! hyeju could tell gowon was stressed. gowon kept tapping her foot, playing with her fingers, and looking at her. hyeju knew something was on her mind so she asked gowon what it was.

               HYEJUS POV
i asked gowon why she was stressed. she again replied with "don't worry about it. i'll tell you later." don't worry about it. it seems that that's all she can say. like she was a puppet and all she said was don't worry about it. it was lunchtime and all i could think about how gowon but i decided to ignore it because it's the last day, we should be having fun!

                 GOWONS POV
today is supposed to be fun but i just can't clear my mind. hyeju will hate me forever. it's not my fault though? "WONNIE!!" hyeju shouted running towards me. "i thought you disappeared!" she said hugging me. "nope! i'm still here. but i won't be forever!!" i mumbled that last part but i wish i didn't. the school day was almost over and i still hadn't figured out how to tell her.

      _________ time skip _________
                GOWONS POV
we are finally home. i've decided to suck it up and tell hyeju. "hyeju... can you come with me" i asked hesitantly. "yeah sure!" we arrived in the empty room.
"please, sit with me."
"um okay?.."
"hyeju i need to tell you something."
"sure what is it?"
"well... you know how you thought just my dad was leaving?"
"yep?"
"well... im leaving as well..."
"what?"
"im sorry hyeju"
"you can't leave? i thought we were gonna be big sixth graders together"
"it wasn't my choice im sorry."
"will we still talk to eachother?"
"yes of course juie." i said i as i wiped her tears.

              HYEJUS POV
now i know what was wrong with her. she's leaving me... my idiot self thought that she was going to tell me she likes me too... yeah yeah i like her. now you know. how will i tell her if we aren't even gonna be on the same continent? "aww baby come here" gowon said as she took me into her arms. i hadn't realized that i was crying this much. just one tear is what i thought it was. "baby, don't worry. our parents have each others number. we can still talk to each other!!" gowon said as she began to stroke my head. i have to admit, i loved when she called me baby. she always says it to calm me down, but it just makes me become a blushy mess.

                GOWONS POV
it's hard to tell her this, but i know she'll be okay. i love her to tiny bits. she's perfect. i'll miss seeing her smile in person right in front of me, i'll miss her jumping on my bed to wake me up, i'll miss taking a bite of our parents ice cream and blame it on the dog, i'll miss everything. especially moments like these when i have a reason to hug her, and hold her tight. i love having her warm body in my arms. it's comforting. i've always felt something when i was with her. a spark is what you can call it. i will always love her.