you are my sunshine

you are my sunshine
——
hyeju pov

today i have my first day at the resort.

each step i took you could hear leave crunch. it was cold and breezy. it did not look like a therapy resort at all. just a regular one.

when i walked inside i was greeted by the receptionist. "hello! how are you?" she asked. she's acting like we know eachother...

"oh um i'm okay." i replied. "great. what's your name?" she then asked. "son hyeju" i told her. "okay" she asked as she typed in her computer.

i looked around. the doors had little wreaths on top, there was garland lining the edges of the walls, and a table with christmas cookies.

they take good care of this place.

"okay! her is the key to your room. we will send somebody up soon to talk with you about your stay." she told me. "okay." i said as i took the key. i started walking to the stairs since i have the biggest fear of elevators...

i got to the room and unlocked the door. as i stepped inside i felt a very large breeze hit my face.

"jesus christ" i whispered.

the room was nice. it has pretty dark green curtains, and wooden desk with a computer, a coat rack, shoe holders, and a canopy bed.

i threw my bag down and jumped on the bed. it was so soft

like a baby's bootay

"ah" i sighed.

i laid on the bed staring at the ceiling. i thought about my neck.

i decided to take off the bandage and touch it.

feel it

i got up and looked in the mirror. "ah fuck" i gasped at the sudden touch.

"did i really do this?" i asked in my head. why would i do this to myself... i look stupid with that bandage...

i heard the door open. it must be a staff worker. i turned around to see a girl. she had longish brown hair and a pink bow.

"hello! my name is kim yerim!" she squealed. i like her. she's nice

"oh hello. my name is son hyeju. i have a friend name yerim as well!" i told her. "yerim is a beautiful name." i added. "thank you!" she said.

"okay so, you have your first meeting in 35 minutes" she told me. "meeting?" i asked.

"oh yeah. meeting with your therapist!" she said.

that sounds so embarrassing

the thought of having a therapist

"oh okay." i replied.

"you look sad... don't worry! she just wants to know about you as a person. nothing too deep." she told me. "oh um okay!" i said.

———-
time skip

me and yerim were walking to the therapists room. "she's really nice. her name is lily jin morrow." yerim told me.

she knocked on the door. "who is it?" the woman in the room asked. "it's me yerim with the girl!" yerim told her. "okay come in!" she replied.

"good luck!" she said as i put my hand on the handle. i opened the door and was greeted by a very happy woman.

"take a seat!" she told me.

as i sat down she asked "hyeju is it?"

"yes" i told her.

"so hyeju, how are you today?" she asked. "um im fine how are you?" i replied. "oh im doing just amazing!" she told me.

"so hyeju, are you going to school?" she asked.

"yes. i am a freshman in college." i told her.

"oh a freshman? how is it so far?" she asked. "oh it's okay" i told her.

"great!" she told me. "so why are you here?" she asked.

"oh um i had slit my throat." i whispered. "really? can i see it?" she asked.

"um sure..." i replied as i took off my bandage. "oh wow..." she said as she examined the cut.

"why did you do it?" she asked.

"i just got really mad at myself..." i told her.

"about what?" she asked.

why is she so nosy

i told her everything.

the whole christmas incident, everything.

"okay. would it sound nice if you were put into the anger management group?" she asked.

damn she makes it sound like i gotta problem or sum

"um sure i guess" i said.

"great!" she replied.