𝐎𝐍𝐄

❀  ⎯ « RAVEN'S POV

❀ ⎯ « RAVEN'S POV. » ⎯ ❀

I walk down the stairs of the two story town- house that my foster parents own. The stairs creaking as I put all my weight into my heels.

"Raven, come here a moment."

I sigh in annoyance when I hear Bill's raspy voice, I hate when he's home. He only sits downstairs in front of the television watching some football game, while sipping on a expired milkshakes and alcohol.

Bill claims that things often taste better when their left out or expired. I once saw him drinking the chunky milk that had been in the fridge for six months. I excused myself and went to throw up.

I walk into the kitchen, seeing Bill and Karen at the island, "Yes?"

"We have some things we'd like to discuss with you." He says, picking a scab on his finger. "Sit down."

I sit down on a stool, glancing up at Karen, just as she swings her gaze back to her husband, "Am I in trouble?"

"No, Honey." Karen says, her eyes filled with sadness, "I'm afraid we have some bad news about our current living situation."

"What about it? Do you need me to help you with anything?"

Bill slams his glass of whiskey on the island counter, making me flinch, "Do you think we are incapable of doing things ourselves!?"

"No-No, sir, I was just asking if I could help."

"Well we don't need it. And we don't need you."

"What?" Are they serious? They can't be.

He laughs dryly, walking up to me and grabbing my throat, squeezing tightly, "Are you deaf or just stupid?" He spits.

I claw as his hand, leaving scratches. "Please," I gasp, "Let me go."

"Bill! Let her go!" Karen tries to grab at his hands, only to be backhand by him.

"Shut the fuck up, Karen!" He yells, "This bitch needs to learn how to listen!"

"She's just a kid!"

Black spots start to cloud my vision, and my vision blurs. I gasp again, "P-Please." Hot tears run down my face as he squeezes harder.

He lets go, throwing me on the floor, "Pack your fucking shit, your out of here tomorrow." He grabs his glass, going back into the loving room.