𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑

❀  ⎯ « RAVEN'S POV

❀ ⎯ « RAVEN'S POV. » ⎯  ❀

"Mommy!" I cry, running through our house that's now going up in flames.

I hyperventilate as I run down the hallway to my moms room. "Raven?!" Mom yells, "Open the door, baby."

I try and turn the knob, but the fire grows, coming right at me, "Mommy! The fire!"

"It's okay, baby. Breath. Just like the doctor taught you. Can you do that for me?"

I cry, "Y-Yes."

"Okay, baby. Mommy is right here but I need you to do something for me, 'kay?"

"Okay." I put my hand up against the wall, feeling the fire that's tearing my life apart.

"I need you to go to Mr. Lancaster's house okay?"

"No! I'm not leaving you." I cough as the flames hit my throat, "I'm not letting you die, mommy."

Mommy laughs sadly, "Baby? Worry about yourself for a minute. Go. Get. Help."

I sob as I run out of our house and into Mr. Lancaster's yard, "Help, Someone help!"

Mrs. Lancaster runs out of her house, fixing her robe. I run into her arms, out of breath, my vision starts to blur from adrenaline. "The fire. You need to get my mommy out!"

She looks at my house in horror, she turns and screams, "Joe! Call 911! Now!"

She sits me on the ground, I watch people come out of their houses, staring. "Please! Help my mommy."

I hear an ambulance in the distance, but my hearing is tunneled, the sirens sound as if they are in the back of my head, "Miss! Are you okay?"

A pretty girl in a uniform rubs her hands over my face. "Are you hurt?"

I shake my head, "My mommy is in there, please help her."

She nods and says something into her walkie-talkie, when she seems me looking she smiles sadly, "Do you want to play with it?"

I shake my head but she takes it off of her suit, putting it in my hands, "if you ever need help, click this button and I will find you, okay?"

I see three fire men go into my house with a hose, I watch as they control the flames, finally getting them out. I sob into my hands as a pray for my mom.