chapter 4

"Huh?" You asked, looking up at him.

That was the first time he called you by your first name. He always just referred to you by your last name.

"I was wondering..." he trailed off. "Um, maybe if you wanted to stay here tonight?" He looked really nervous.

"Oh." You said.

"I'm sorry, I can drive you home if you want-"

"No, no, it's fine!" You said, putting your hands on his shoulders. You looked at your hands that were on his shoulders and quickly took them off. "I'd love to stay!"

"It's just, I didn't want anything to happen to you in case your dad came home drunk or anything," He said, looking up at you.

God he was so sweet. You've never seen this side of Eddie before. Before he just seemed really dark and mysterious.

"Oh, but I don't have any clothes-"

"I have some." he said as soon as you finished speaking. You tried not to laugh at him.

He walked over to his closet and grabbed an old t-shirt.

"This is good enough, right?" Eddie asked you.

"Yes," you replied. "I'm going to change into this now."

"You remember where the bathroom is, right?"

"Yes"

You got up and walked to the bathroom and closed the door. You were jumping up and down with excitement because of what just happened. Eddie asked you to stay the night with him! You pinched yourself, thinking this was a dream.

It hurt.

Looks like its not a dream!

You don't like him that way though. Right? He's just a sweet guy and is nice. Nothing more!

Right?

After you changed into Eddie's t-shirt, you saw it went about halfway down your thighs. What size even was this shirt?

You went out of the bathroom and put your clothes inside your school backpack and sat down next to Eddie on his couch.

"Did you maybe wanna watch a movie?" Eddie asked.

"Yeah! We should watch a horror movie!" You said in excitement.

"Oh, really? You look like the type to get scared easily." He grins at you.

"Excuse me? I'm not scared of anything!"

"Well, I have The Shining here."

"Oh my god let's watch it" You say, excited.

"Are you sure?" he said, smirking at you. "It's really scary..."

"It can't be that bad!"

"If you say so..." Eddie says as he walks to grab the movie.

After everything is set up, he starts the movie.

(i'll be talking about the shining movie now so if you haven't seen it even though it's been about 40 years and don't want spoilers, then maybe don't read this part.)

The movie is almost over, and you are terrified. You've been trying to hide that from Eddie because you said you weren't scared of horror movies.

It's currently the part where Jack Torrance is slowly walking up the stairs as his wife Wendy is backing away from him with a bat in her hands.

"Give me the bat, Wendy" said Jack on the television, gesturing his hands towards her, gripping the air.

Eddie looks over at you, noticing your terrified.

"Hey, I can turn it off if you want." Eddie says.

"No, keep it on." You reply, looking back at the television again.

"Are you sure?" Eddie asked. "You look terrified."

"I'm perfectly fine, Eddie." You said. "Don't worry about me."

Just then, Wendy bolts off, Jack running behind her. Surprising you, it made you flinch. You look over at Eddie, he's really calm. Not a single look of fear on his face.

You look into his eyes, loving the deep brown color. God you could stare into those eyes all day long if you could.

But you only liked them because they looked nice, obviously. You don't have a crush on him or anything like that.

Right?

You scooted a little bit closer to Eddie, but he didn't notice.

Now, Wendy is in the bathroom. Little did you know, one of the most famous horror movie scenes of all time was about to play. You had no idea what was about to happen.

All of a sudden, Jack slams his axe into the door, breaking it down. You scream at the top of your lungs, jumping onto Eddie and wrapping your arms around his chest. He looks surprised.

"It's okay, y/n, it's just a movie. It isn't real." he says, trying to comfort you. He's rubbing his hands on your head and running his fingers through your hair.

You finally realize you actually grabbed onto Eddie, then quickly got off of him.

"Sorry about that." You said, scratching your head. "I didn't even mean to do that."

"Y/n, it's fine." he replied, his face looking red.

At this point, Wendy is trying to escape out of the bathroom before Jack gets in.

"This movie really is scary" you thought to yourself. Every second of the movie was scaring you even more.

You decided to move even closer to Eddie. The closer to Eddie you were, the safer you felt. But that's because he's a good person, and he looked really strong. He'd probably be able to protect you in a bad situation. But he's only a friend, of course.

You aren't in love with Eddie Munson.

Right?

Eventually, you were shoulder to shoulder with him. Him on the left, you on the right. Your face was super red and you were feeling really hot. You decided you were going to put your head on Eddie's shoulder.

And you did.

Eddie looked down at you. He didn't look confused or disgusted or anything. He just looked back up at the television and put his right arm around you.

Of course, you started freaking out.

"Haaah-" you sighed, before quickly covering your mouth as quickly as possible. You backed away from him. (THATS NOT A MOAN PLEASE DONT THINK IT IS! ITS LIKE A DREAMY SIGH)

"Oh shit." You thought to yourself. "I'm a fucking idiot!"

Eddie looked at you again. He looked concerned.

"Y/n? Are you feeling alright?" Eddie asked you.

You know what, fuck what your brain has been telling you.

"Ugh. Look, Eddie. I need to tell you something."